Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Where can i get the best deal? First time signup with DiretTV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris2

Chris2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

I want HD-DVR. There website says $499 after a $100 rebate plus i have to stay with them for 2 years.

I would like to signup and get seom free HBO etc :rolleyes:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:21 PM

I believe thats the going deal for any new customers...for the most part, D*'s promotions are national, so you cant really do any better.

#3 OFFLINE   bhdtv

bhdtv

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:50 AM

I just signed up this week. Got the HR10-250 for the $599 and the $100 rebate. I mentioned the retention offer of $299 plus rebate and credit (which won't apply to us new subs, but was worth at least mentioning). They gave me the free HD for 3 months, no DVR fee for 4 months and Total Chioce plus at 39.99 for 4 months. Not near the deal that the existing customers can get through retention, but better than I thought I would get. Have been very pleased with the CSRs and the installation, and, so far, the TIVO experience has been very positive.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

Its a tough call. The existing customers seem to expect to be treated better than the new customers, and the new customers think they should get at least as good a deal as teh existing customer. And EVERYONE complains about their deal if they hear even a rumour someone might have gotten a better deal....

What are you gonna do, besides killfile the whiners? ;)

#5 OFFLINE   krazyzx9

krazyzx9

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:38 PM

Here is the trick. Sign up for D*. Get the SD installation and get it up and running. As soon as the installer leaves, call the retention line and tell them you want the hd dvr at the 299 price. They will set up another appt. and in no time you have the hd you wanted and the 299 dvr with 100 dollar mail in rebate.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Until enough people abuse that policy and they have to get tough again...if you want it, take your lumps and pay the going rate, if you dont want to pay the going rate, tough....more available equipment for the "paying" customers...

spam firewall