Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help with DirectTV installation?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dolfan

dolfan

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

I have a two dish install to do where the guy has 1 coax run to each dish which terminate in a utility room. The coax then needs to run to a R10 and two D10. I know the dvr needs two coax runs but how can I do this with only one coax run to each dish. I do have a Eagle Aspen MS44D switch. My question is can I use diplexors by the dish to convert two to one and then use them in the utility to convert back to two? Does this make sense? The coax was placed when the house was built and it would be very difficult to run more. Thanks for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

Because of the multiswitch you stated, I assume you have one dish for 101 and another for your locals from 72.5. The 101 dish should have two outputs connected to the MS44D switch and the 72.5 dish connected to one of the other inputs on the switch (or maybe both of them). We need more info about what you have. Anyway, diplexers won't work. They are used to combine OTA with satellite.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   kspeters

kspeters

Mentor/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Yes, 101 and 72.5 sats. I guess what I mean is since the guy only ran one coax to each dish, is there something I can use to get the signal from each lnb intot he houses utility room to the multi switch using just one coax for each satellite? Since I need a total of 4 feeds(1 for each d10 and two for the dual tuner r10) just trying to figure this out b/c running extra coax to dishes won't be easy at all. I know dish network has seperators that they used and was wondering if directv had something similar.

ps I am dolfan also, don't know what happened when I posted earlier.

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:48 PM

Yes, 101 and 72.5 sats. I guess what I mean is since the guy only ran one coax to each dish, is there something I can use to get the signal from each lnb intot he houses utility room to the multi switch using just one coax for each satellite? Since I need a total of 4 feeds(1 for each d10 and two for the dual tuner r10) just trying to figure this out b/c running extra coax to dishes won't be easy at all. I know dish network has seperators that they used and was wondering if directv had something similar.

ps I am dolfan also, don't know what happened when I posted earlier.

No two ways about it you need FOUR(4) lines from the dishes to the multiswitch or a very expensive stacking system. :)

#5 OFFLINE   kspeters

kspeters

Mentor/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:04 PM

Crap, I knew someone wa going to say that!!!
Thanks for the info,,I guess it's time to run more cable.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...