Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is Voom available on 129?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HD Wannabee

HD Wannabee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

I was told by Dish CS that Voom was only available on 61.5, but several posts here seem to indicate it is also available on 129. CS said only in 'test' mode on 129 at this point and they would not 'guarantee' it will be available in the future.

Anyone subscribing to Voom and getting it on 129? I'm thinking of a Dish 1000.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   elbyj

elbyj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

Yes, VOOM is available from 129. I got the 1000 installed two weeks ago to prevent the need to have two dishes installed.

#3 OFFLINE   HD Wannabee

HD Wannabee

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

Thanks. It was obvious after several calls to Dish it probably was, but they were being told to deny it so they could dump their remaining inventory of D500 antennas on new subscribers.

#4 OFFLINE   SummitAdvantageRetailer

SummitAdvantageRetailer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:56 PM

So... what's the trick in getting Voom activated if you have a Dish 1000. Tell DISH that you have a 2nd dish at 61.5? That might bite you in the end if you need to have a 2nd dish installed for must carry locals or for whatever reason. Not that it could happen, but what if?

#5 OFFLINE   elbyj

elbyj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:21 AM

No tricks involved. When I was working the install, DISH refused to recognize they had the 1000 available and would not offer one. As a matter of fact all the CSRs stated they didn't even have a sale code for the 1000. Their pitch was to have a second dish pointed at 61.5. Knowing VOOM was also at 129 based on threads on this site, I had them open a work order to install VOOM. In the mean time, I ordered a DISH 1000 a local retailer and had it available for the installer at the designated appointment. All the DISH CSRs needs to know is that you are activating VOOM, they have no idea if you are receiving it from 129 or 61.5.

#6 OFFLINE   totalconfusion

totalconfusion

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:28 AM

Will that work on locals? My local channels are on 129,but I can't get a CSR to turn them on. They don't even know what a Dish 1000 is.

#7 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:36 AM

Will that work on locals? My local channels are on 129,but I can't get a CSR to turn them on. They don't even know what a Dish 1000 is.

Call back and ask to speak to someone up the chain of command. You'll get it turned on.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...