Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any way to get 942 at a decent price or lease?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   archer

archer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:39 PM

I have been a Dish customer for over 7 years and paying over a $100 a month for several years.

I called to see about getting a 942 to replace my 6000 but the best they would offer is $799 installed.

Does anybody no of any decent offers and how to get them.

Thanks
Dave

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:53 PM

Some have had luck leasing them. Search through the forums a bit and you'll find the process. It involves an E-mail to someone at Dish.

#3 OFFLINE   dave1234

dave1234

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:59 PM

I bought mine on ebay new for $620 including shipping. Solidsignal was the name of the outfit. He's apparently a dish dealer and has sold lots of these. As always YMMV as I can't vouch for the business, only that I was happy with my purchase.
Also the $620 did not include installation.
On a side note I've been seeing allot of fraudulent activity on ebay lately....

#4 OFFLINE   Ghostwriter

Ghostwriter

Legend

• Registered
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

well if you get a hold of someone higher up you may be able to get a lease deal. I am actually just going to hold tight and wait for the MPEG4s to come out. Also w/ the introduction of PocketDish it seems like the 942 became a bit buggy after the last update to make it work with PDish.

spam firewall