Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nfl Hd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

Does anyone have any info on this channel? It began to show-up on the EPG about a month ago (Dish 9464), at which time a message came up saying "This is a special event which is not available for purchase. For further information press the 'info' button." No further information is provided when the "info" button is pressed.
I looked at it again today (8:00pm/CST), and it had this past weeks Rams-Jaguars game (in HD) with different announcers and commentators than was on CBS on Sunday. They also had several different cameras and microphones to see and hear what the players were saying during the game.
The station ID (in the corner of the screen) said NFL HD.
Then I checked it again at 9:30pm/CST and the "...special event..." message displayed. :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:50 PM

Does anyone have any info on this channel? It began to show-up on the EPG about a month ago (Dish 9464), at which time a message came up saying "This is a special event which is not available for purchase. For further information press the 'info' button." No further information is provided when the "info" button is pressed.
I looked at it again today (8:00pm/CST), and it had this past weeks Rams-Jaguars game (in HD) with different announcers and commentators than was on CBS on Sunday. They also had several different cameras and microphones to see and hear what the players were saying during the game.
The station ID (in the corner of the screen) said NFL HD.
Then I checked it again at 9:30pm/CST and the "...special event..." message displayed. :confused:

I don't have any in-depth knowledge of the NFL channel, since it is new to us Dish folk... but from what I've seen, this HD channel is only active for two days a week, and only about an hour each day. On Wednesday and Thursday nights at 9pm EST, they show a "game of the week" highlighted in HD from the most recent weekend. You just happened to get lucky tonight when you switched it on at the right time.

The rest of the time there isn't anything to see... because of that, Dish shares this channel with NBAHD and their HD PVV channel for preserving bandwidth. I dunno what would ever happen if there were an NBAHD game on at the same time as an NFLTV highlight show... but so far they turn off PPV movies during that time when NBAHD or NFLTV is active.

NBAHD works pretty much the same way, incidentally... but NBAHD actually shows an entire game live and in HD whenever it is turned on... so it is usually active for 3-4 hours whenever it is on. Should see some games as the NBA season is now underway, I believe there is a schedule of NBATV HD games on the NBA Web site.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...