Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

XBox 360 Instruction Manual!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

http://svartifoss2.f...tive_or_pdf=pdf

Note the gotcha for those wishing to hook it up to their receivers for surround sound...... you need to get a TOSLink digital audio cable (sold separately)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:10 PM

Note the gotcha for those wishing to hook it up to their receivers for surround sound...... you need to get a TOSLink digital audio cable (sold separately)

Has any game console that supported digital audio (or DVD player for that matter) included a optical cable? My PS2 and XBox never did, nor have my 2 DVD players I've purchased.

#3 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:18 AM

I know..... But the ads tout the Premium system as coming with component video cables and "an output for Dolby Digital Surround sound" which SOUNDS like it is included, when it isn't. Just giving all early adopters the heads up so they don't get stuck with analog sound for the first few days...... Best Buy will be delivering mine to my office early next week if their emails are correct...
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   n8dagr8

n8dagr8

Resident Rounder

• Gold Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:48 AM

Best Buy will be delivering mine to my office early next week if their emails are correct...

Man, that's going to be a productive day at the office! :lol:
N8

"The heart has reasons that reason does not know. It is the heart that feels God and not reason." ~Pascal

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Dick Cheney

#5 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:48 PM

Nah, I'll be good and wait 'til I get home. Of course, I won't be buring any midnight oil at the office that day......

Posted Image

Protected By... spam firewall...And...