Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

San Francisco MPEG-4 Stream?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:18 PM

I've got a 5LNB and the H20 and HR10-250 installed in San Jose, the H20 works fine, the HR10-250 isn't MPEG4 so you can't get local channels, so i've got to wait for the HR20, you can probably use the offair however.

best regards

tim

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   digibob

digibob

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

My installer from Ironwood showed up on time and did a great job.:D He was from Santa Rosa and installed in the North bay mainly. He had the 5 LNB dish up and aimed in 45 minutes. He also took down my old 3 LNB dish and cleaned up my messy cable install.:rolleyes: Took me two hours to aim the 3 LNB I did myself.:mad: Pictures look great, but the box seems to get really warm when in standby.:confused: I still have my HD Tivo running along side the H20. I hope it doesn't take too long for the DVR box to come out.

Good Luck to All,
Bob

#123 OFFLINE   jmpsmash

jmpsmash

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

how well is Ironwood keeping up with their appointment in February? i have scheduled a new install this afternoon 1-5pm. i wonder if i should expect them to show up or not.

#124 OFFLINE   jmpsmash

jmpsmash

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

how well is Ironwood keeping up with their appointment in February? i have scheduled a new install this afternoon 1-5pm. i wonder if i should expect them to show up or not.

so Thursday Ironwood called and says the scheduled installer had an emergency and was not able to make it.

so i was reschedule for Fri 8-12. the installer came, looked around the house, and told me that there is no way he could have mounted the dish on the house itself, as the house is stucco covered, and the roof is ceramic tile. he says they used to allow mounting on stucco, but with the new 5LNB dish, they stopped doing it due to liability issue.

so a pole it is, but the problem is that my yard faces NW!

luckily, there is a region in which the two story house doesn't block the sight. they went ahead and poured in concrete and the pole. but he has to come back next monday to finish the mounting and pointing of the dish.

#125 OFFLINE   jmpsmash

jmpsmash

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

so Thursday Ironwood called and says the scheduled installer had an emergency and was not able to make it.

so i was reschedule for Fri 8-12. the installer came, looked around the house, and told me that there is no way he could have mounted the dish on the house itself, as the house is stucco covered, and the roof is ceramic tile. he says they used to allow mounting on stucco, but with the new 5LNB dish, they stopped doing it due to liability issue.

so a pole it is, but the problem is that my yard faces NW!

luckily, there is a region in which the two story house doesn't block the sight. they went ahead and poured in concrete and the pole. but he has to come back next monday to finish the mounting and pointing of the dish.

i just remember something the installer said about the pole. he says they only got them these couple of weeks. the pole that he installed was tailor made to the 2" diameter mounting of the 5 LNB dish. and before they have these pole, they were turning down installations due to lack of mounting locations.

i saw that the cement holding the pole has solidified so i went ahead and mounted and pointed the huge dish. i get between 67% to 77% on the various satellites.

#126 OFFLINE   dreamyip

dreamyip

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

i just remember something the installer said about the pole. he says they only got them these couple of weeks. the pole that he installed was tailor made to the 2" diameter mounting of the 5 LNB dish. and before they have these pole, they were turning down installations due to lack of mounting locations.

i saw that the cement holding the pole has solidified so i went ahead and mounted and pointed the huge dish. i get between 67% to 77% on the various satellites.

Did you complete your installation ? Did Ironwood come back as promised ?

#127 OFFLINE   jmpsmash

jmpsmash

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

Did you complete your installation ? Did Ironwood come back as promised ?

they did come back. they tidied up the cables and tied the loose cable to the pole. and then they went ahead to "peak" the signal with a handheld meter.

i think the signal strength measured by the H20 went down by 1-2% *after* they peaked it. :nono:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...