Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lawsuit targets Xbox 360 console

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n8dagr8

n8dagr8

Resident Rounder

• Gold Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:48 AM

Article

Microsoft is being sued over its new Xbox 360 by a Chicago man who alleges the next generation console has a design flaw.

Edit: wow, that article now links to Microsoft!

http://www.gamesindu...e.php?aid=13427

http://www.informati...cleID=174901240
N8

"The heart has reasons that reason does not know. It is the heart that feels God and not reason." ~Pascal

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Dick Cheney

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dave1234

dave1234

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

That's unbelievable. Microsoft has never released a product with a bug. :) :)

#3 OFFLINE   bobsupra

bobsupra

Work In Progress

• Gold Members
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

Dead link
To shut down XP, hit start button. :D

#4 OFFLINE   n8dagr8

n8dagr8

Resident Rounder

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:59 PM

Guy wants a recall and some $$$$.

I have a Netgear router and it has some of the same issues - over-heats and then stops working. It is well know that it is the power supply yet the company continues to replace the routers and not the power supplies. Amazing! (I finally got a different power supply and haven't had a problem since)
N8

"The heart has reasons that reason does not know. It is the heart that feels God and not reason." ~Pascal

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Dick Cheney

#5 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

This thing sucks up a LOT of power to run (almost as much as a gaming PC). It's no surprise they had to make the brick so huge.

Just stand the thing on it's side (so it is resting on the cord, and lean it against the back of the wall or a well ventilated cabinet and there are no issues. Most that have had issues had them in poorly ventilated areas or flat on a rug (which caused them to overheat too much - the nylon in the rug acts like a blanket and does nothing to bleed off heat buildup)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Ken Howe

Ken Howe

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

This thing sucks up a LOT of power to run (almost as much as a gaming PC). It's no surprise they had to make the brick so huge.

Just stand the thing on it's side (so it is resting on the cord, and lean it against the back of the wall or a well ventilated cabinet and there are no issues. Most that have had issues had them in poorly ventilated areas or flat on a rug (which caused them to overheat too much - the nylon in the rug acts like a blanket and does nothing to bleed off heat buildup)

I just made mine do cartwheels and then tap dance... it does a nice job. Arent there supposed to be people who design it so it doesnt overheat...oh wait... its microsoft...? maybe if we attach a heat sink from mechwarror it will be better... ^_^
A woman at a state dinner walks up to Winston Churchill and states "Sir, you are drunk!" :goodjob: Not missing a beat, he retorts, "And you are Ugly, but in the morning, I will wake up sober!" !rolling

#7 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:10 PM

My 300 watt car power invertor has a nice little fan built in. Would it have broke the bank to have added a fan to a device that already cost $400?

#8 OFFLINE   n8dagr8

n8dagr8

Resident Rounder

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

My 300 watt car power invertor has a nice little fan built in. Would it have broke the bank to have added a fan to a device that already cost $400?

They are losing money on every one of these they sell, you know? Still, no excuses.

Bob, I take it you got yours.....pretty sweet?
N8

#9 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:55 PM

Yes, I just finished Call of Duty 2 on Normal difficulty last night. There is also an addictive little game on the hard drive called Hexic HD. A twist on the Tetris/Bejeweled games. Very addictive.

The controllers are great (especially the wireless ones - they hold a charge surprisingly long). I also am heavily using the soundtracks function. Replace any music in any game with your own (regardless of programmer preference). Ever since the days when I figured out I could play Doom 2 with my own music substituted for the music provided, I've wanted this ability.

Add "MadDog Murdoch" to your friends list whenever you all get one and I'll see you online.....
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   918hatch

918hatch

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

I dont see how this will hold up. They are fixing them for free.

spam firewall