Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Equipment needed for HDTV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WendyP60

WendyP60

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

Hi,

I have an existing 3 receiver setup with two Dishes (one is a D500) that connect to a 44 switch. I have one free output on the switch.

I want to add an HDTV television for a suprise X-mas present on the other output, but don't know what I would need special :shrug: (besides a HDTV capable receiver) to get this connected. Is what I have already enough to just run a line to the new receiver? Do I need special cabling or a different switch? What is the best HDTV receiver available as far as reception?

Thanks, and I find this forum to be a great wealth of information.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HTguy

HTguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

Sounds like all you need is the 811 HD receiver. If you have been with DISH for at least a year you probably qualify for the Dishin' It Up promo for existing customers. Call your original retailer or the DISH 800# if you got it from them. If you qualify you can add the HD receiver or swap it out for one of your other ones for $99.

If you haven't been a customer long enough to qualify for the promo you can buy the 811, or maybe the new 411 if available, for $399. You might also see if there are any used one for sale on eBay.

Either way, you will get the DISH HD PAK at ½ price ($5mo) for a year.

You should think about putting up an OTA antenna if there are digital locals being broadcast in your area.

And, assuming your 2nd dish is aimed at 61.5 you can turn on the VOOM HD Pak.
"A DISH IN EVERY HOME"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...