Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

921 with diplexer and separator - need help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

Hello, currently I have a Dish Pro Plus LNB, hooked up to 811 & 921 (921 via dish separator).
I have a TERK indoor HDTV antenna, but I want to get an outdoor TERK HDTV antenna.

Question - how can I install the outdoor HDTV antenna with diplexer going into the 921?

What I had in mind is this (only concentrating on the feed to 921)
- out of LNB to diplexer (outside) through the wall to diplexer (inside)
- inside the signal out of diplexer goes to the TV-OTA in on 921 (local feed) and the second feed goes to dish separator, dish spearator splits the singal into 2

Will this work?

Thanks, Andy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   navychop

navychop

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:55 PM

First, get a better outdoor antenna, such as one of the Channel Masters. Terk is basically good looking, over priced, under performing "stuff."

What you had in mind is similar to what I've done with my 721, only I use 2 coax to the 721, diplexing OTA over one of the feeds. I believe the sequence you list will work with the 921, but let's hear from some folks that may have done this.

#3 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

Andy, I tried my Terk antennas (that connect to the dish) with a DPP44. They don't work with the DPP44 multi-switch. I have no clue if they will work with the DPP Twin. All my Terks worked fine with DP and legacy equipment.

If you have any luck with making it work, let me know. Thanks.

Here is my thread about my question which is similar to yours:
http://67.19.74.172/...ead.php?t=48207

#4 OFFLINE   greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

Andy, yes that will work, I've done that many times with the DPP Twin and the Terk "Halo" antenna (again, I agree with most people's assessment of it, it only works if you're really close to the transmitters). You've got it exactly right, from the LNB into the Terk (which is a diplexer itself), then inside from the diplexer to the OTA input, and from the diplexer to the seperator.

#5 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:43 PM

Thanks guys for all the help. I will stay away from TERK.

#6 OFFLINE   Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:12 PM

In terk's defense: they do make some huge outdoor/attic antennas that work good. Huge ones like the TV36 or TV38, but they are full size antennas. The small dish mount and tiny indoor ones basically are low gain and do not work very good.

Jon

#7 OFFLINE   Mike500

Mike500

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

In terk's defense: they do make some huge outdoor/attic antennas that work good. Huge ones like the TV36 or TV38, but they are full size antennas. The small dish mount and tiny indoor ones basically are low gain and do not work very good.

Jon

That's because the large Terks are NOR teally made by Terk. They are made by Winegard in the USA for Terk. The small ones made in China are JUNK.

#8 OFFLINE   oljim

oljim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:29 AM

Forget Terk and diplexers

spam firewall