Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
921 with diplexer and separator - need help
Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:05 PM
I have a TERK indoor HDTV antenna, but I want to get an outdoor TERK HDTV antenna.
Question - how can I install the outdoor HDTV antenna with diplexer going into the 921?
What I had in mind is this (only concentrating on the feed to 921)
- out of LNB to diplexer (outside) through the wall to diplexer (inside)
- inside the signal out of diplexer goes to the TV-OTA in on 921 (local feed) and the second feed goes to dish separator, dish spearator splits the singal into 2
Will this work?
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:55 PM
What you had in mind is similar to what I've done with my 721, only I use 2 coax to the 721, diplexing OTA over one of the feeds. I believe the sequence you list will work with the 921, but let's hear from some folks that may have done this.
Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:13 PM
If you have any luck with making it work, let me know. Thanks.
Here is my thread about my question which is similar to yours:
Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:51 PM
Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:43 PM
Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:12 PM
Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:25 AM
In terk's defense: they do make some huge outdoor/attic antennas that work good. Huge ones like the TV36 or TV38, but they are full size antennas. The small dish mount and tiny indoor ones basically are low gain and do not work very good.
That's because the large Terks are NOR teally made by Terk. They are made by Winegard in the USA for Terk. The small ones made in China are JUNK.
Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:29 AM