Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Early/Missed Timers: L2.73.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   skassan

skassan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:38 AM

Yes, the order is correct on Menu 7.

Being the Professional Crastinator that I am, I haven't gotten around to deleting all of the timers yet and adding the one-shots. I guess I'll leave it alone now, but keep a VERY close eye on it. Thanks for the info.
Scott Kassan
Switched 921 for 622 04/21/2006

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

Yes, the order is correct on Menu 7.

It is time for a replacement 921. Hopefully one that works properly!

#23 OFFLINE   sotagear

sotagear

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:41 PM

Excuse me for a long post, but . . . I set a timer last night to record Lord Of The Rings on TNT-HD this morning. When I turned on the receiver this morning, the red dot was on the Lord Of The Rings listing on the Guide (which was playing at the time) but it was not actually in record.

I haven't looked through this site recently about the latest problems with the 921 but in the last few weeks any timers I set will not record the next day & I need to do a manual reboot each day for any timers to record each day. Also, every time I turn on the receiver while it's screwing up the timers - before rebooting, any time I try to record something on the same day, even an hour in advance, it won't allow me to do so. It will go to the event timer screen but when you click on "Create" it won't do anything & the only option is to cancel.

This has been happening for at least 3 weeks & I've been on the phone with tech support almost every night for 2 weeks. Finally they sent me out a replacement & sure enough it has the same problem.

Is there a unit out there with this new software version that works OK? I used to be one of the few on here that never had any problems with my 921, now I'm one of the many that is frustrated after it worked well for the first 11 months.

I guess I go for yet another unit? Is this even worth it or am I just going to have to reboot every morning in order for my timers to fire that day? And, without looking through this site for an hour, is this a typical story?

#24 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:58 PM

I haven't looked through this site recently about the latest problems with the 921 but in the last few weeks any timers I set will not record the next day & I need to do a manual reboot each day for any timers to record each day. Also, every time I turn on the receiver while it's screwing up the timers - before rebooting, any time I try to record something on the same day, even an hour in advance, it won't allow me to do so. It will go to the event timer screen but when you click on "Create" it won't do anything & the only option is to cancel.

My timers are in the correct order when the 921 is booted either automatically or manually. I notice that when a reboot doesn't happen in the am hours, the previous day timers, that have fired are listed at the top of the list (they should be listed at the bottom). Without doing a reboot, proper timer firing becomes, iffy.

#25 OFFLINE   pbrown

pbrown

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:20 AM

Saturday night 12/10 my Saturday Night Live timer failed. It's the first failed timer I have had in over a year. It is the only timer I've missed since 273, however, it never failed on 272 et al.

Saturday Night Live fired fine on 12/17, so hopefully 12/10 was a OTO event.
pbrown
Now I have D*!

#26 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:16 PM

My 921 missed two off-air channel recurring (weekly) timers on OTA channels this evening.

Rebooted during the second show and the timer started (show in progress.)

I have not had a problem with missed timers prior to L.273 So not only are missed timers NOT fixed in L.273, but this software rev. seems to actually cause them. Between this and the persistant and acute SAR issue, we have a significant problem with L.273.

.....G

Enlightenment means never having another bad thing happen to you.

Hopper + Joey
Sats: 110/119/129
Samsung PN64F5500 Plasma

#27 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:36 PM

I got a ZSR last night trying to record an OTA channel. This is only my second one in two years. I was watching an HD program on the other tuner.
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

#28 OFFLINE   devough

devough

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Since 273 the timers fail 2 or 3 times a week. My wife is going to throw the 921 out the window.

#29 OFFLINE   IowaStateFan

IowaStateFan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

I set timers on UNI HD for the Olympic semi-final hockey games last week (Fri 2/24). I have no idea if the timers fired early or late, but when I went to watch them last night, my 921 hadn't recorded hockey. The listing showed it as hockey, but I fast forwarded thru both games and I have no idea what was recorded, but it sure wasn't hockey.

#30 OFFLINE   KKlare

KKlare

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:12 AM

Missed Mon-Fri Comedy Chan 3/1 11:30PM MST record after 11:00 record worked.

There may have been some movies missed this last week, too. Hard to reconstruct those with no guide to go backward in. It is hard enough to set up with only 36 hr or so guide.

In each case there was no residual listing in the timers. There are residuals for some that were sucessful. Why? Just cause I peeked at the show while recording?

-Ken

#31 OFFLINE   Zarom

Zarom

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:47 AM

I've had some timers missed, although I can't recall details.

Interesting that there's no back capability on the EPG. I've found that capability while watching a Cable TV PVR at a relative's. Don't know how far back it scrowls, but saw at least six hours back. This 9 day guide fiasco and the 921 overall problems have me considering cable. Have been with Dish since 2002.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...