Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Recording problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jerryyyyy

jerryyyyy

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 09:00 AM

I have been having some problems recording especially from station 606 (TV-5 French).

Several times the timer simply does not record the program. I have checked in the PVR menu and the requisite entry was there.

Any insights would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 07:03 PM

What receiver are you using? The 721s are going to be a little for a while. 501s should be reliable. At least mine is.

#3 OFFLINE   jerryyyyy

jerryyyyy

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 09:30 AM

Again with problems last night I call tech help and finally got someone who I think has found the problem- initial installation wiring.

You need to have SW21 input from both dishes. My installer only did this on one, so I had a single signal comining in on one input. He wil get called today and hopefully the problem will get fixed.

This idea explains why the switch matrices were in error too.

We will see.

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 09:35 AM

Ahh Jerryyyyy has a 721. Hence the word Switch Matrix, which is what the Check Switch tried to figure out. :)

#5 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 01:15 PM

The 721s are going to be a little for a while.

Meant to say they'll be a little *buggy* for a while, which you seem to have found out.

Glad to see you got it fixed.

Terry

spam firewall