Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Comcast SportsNet New York?
Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:06 PM
Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:04 PM
1. It will carry New York Mets baseball, New York Jets Football Shows (Not Games), Big East and Big Ten college football and basketball.
2. It has yet to reach deals with DirecTV, Dish Network, Cablevision, or Patriot Media. Only, Patriot Media has explicitly denied adding the network. Cablevision has expressed active interest in acquiring the network, despite their being against its creation. I speculate that Cablevision is looking to avoid another battle with a new RSN in New York over coverage that might benefit the network.
3. It will be named SportsNet New York, likely as a reflection of the roles of Sterling Mets (owners of the New York Mets) and Time Warner in ownership.
For further clarification, the New Jersey Devils were in talks with a potential move to YES Network, but opted to return to Cablevision's FSN New York.
Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:09 PM
Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:17 PM
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al
Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:48 PM