Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Comcast SportsNet New York?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:06 PM

If they only want "almost as much" as YES, I wouldn't expect E* to carry it - but I don't see why D* wouldn't, since they already have YES...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   d2001dstanley

d2001dstanley

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:04 PM

Latest Knowledge on SportsNet New York:

1. It will carry New York Mets baseball, New York Jets Football Shows (Not Games), Big East and Big Ten college football and basketball.
2. It has yet to reach deals with DirecTV, Dish Network, Cablevision, or Patriot Media. Only, Patriot Media has explicitly denied adding the network. Cablevision has expressed active interest in acquiring the network, despite their being against its creation. I speculate that Cablevision is looking to avoid another battle with a new RSN in New York over coverage that might benefit the network.
3. It will be named SportsNet New York, likely as a reflection of the roles of Sterling Mets (owners of the New York Mets) and Time Warner in ownership.

For further clarification, the New Jersey Devils were in talks with a potential move to YES Network, but opted to return to Cablevision's FSN New York.

#23 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

Three days til launch - anyone have any idea at all what is going on?

#24 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:17 PM

Latest is D* and SportsNet NY are still in negotiations. IMO you'll see it ALOT sooner on D* than you will SportsTime Ohio or whatever its called
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#25 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:48 PM

I was hoping they'd have it done by Thursday - I'm a huge Mets fan and when I saw that the launch date was my birthday, I was psyched...now not so much, since it's uncertain as to whether it'll be there on Thursday.

spam firewall