Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

811 Freezing and Lag

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ferrarislave

ferrarislave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

When watching TV at times I get lag or the receiver just freezes and I have to hit the power button and turn it off and on really quick and it comes back to normal. What can this be, the software or?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

:welcome_s farrarislave

What do you mean by lag? Do you mean audio lag? Is this corrected with channel changing? Could be software or hardware. Need more info to have a better guess what the cause is.

How often are you seeing this?
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   ferrarislave

ferrarislave

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:34 AM

:welcome_s farrarislave

What do you mean by lag? Do you mean audio lag? Is this corrected with channel changing? Could be software or hardware. Need more info to have a better guess what the cause is.

How often are you seeing this?

It is picture lag, not audio. It happens randomly, the unit gets very good ventilation etc. I am running software version P333, the latest I assume since it upgrades. Im running component to a 50" Samsung DLP (1080p capable) newest model.

#4 OFFLINE   DougRuss

DougRuss

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:38 AM

It is picture lag, not audio. It happens randomly, the unit gets very good ventilation etc. I am running software version P333, the latest I assume since it upgrades. Im running component to a 50" Samsung DLP (1080p capable) newest model.

I've had a similar problem. Was watching Boxing Last Night ( Friday) on HDnet and several times the picture would just come to a Standstill but the Audio would be fine!
Did it a few times the Day before,but can't remember what program I was watching at the time?

Running a Panny Plasma with the New SoftwareDownload on my 811 with Component connection.

#5 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

This is and has been discussed in other active threads.

The issue is called stuttering video. I've seen various degrees of severity. Sometimes the picture will lock completely, other times it will just "freeze frame" every second or so. It almost exclusively happens with HD channels. IIRC it has most historically prevalent with TNTHD, HDNET, and VOOM.

I believe this is a problem at Dish. Not with the 811. I know this for a fact with VOOM, since it is well documented in the General forum.

As for TNTHD I remember discussions about this channel doing this as well for the better part of this year.

#6 OFFLINE   ferrarislave

ferrarislave

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

I've had a similar problem. Was watching Boxing Last Night ( Friday) on HDnet and several times the picture would just come to a Standstill but the Audio would be fine!
Did it a few times the Day before,but can't remember what program I was watching at the time?

Running a Panny Plasma with the New SoftwareDownload on my 811 with Component connection.

I was watching the same program, and it happend a few times I had to turn the receiver off and on.

#7 OFFLINE   audiomaster

audiomaster

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

I have seen most of these and one other as well with my 811. The picture will be working or sometimes lock, but audio will be replaced with a loud electronic buzzing sound (not hum). Using optical connection to receiver.:(

#8 OFFLINE   cyberized

cyberized

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:56 PM

I had the same FREEZE UPS while watching HDNET Boxing the other night and have had those TERRIBLE speaker blowing SQUEALIN like a PIG more times than me and my cats want to recall.

#9 OFFLINE   C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

Ever since I've had my 811 it is nothing but problems. I hate it, but for now there are no alternatives other than leaving Dish. The BSOD is my biggest problem. I have swapped receivers twice with no luck. So really it's a Dish issue, but my 301's never have problems.

#10 ONLINE   Freckles

Freckles

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

It has been happening more frequently that HD video "pixelates" and then freezes or moves sort of in slow motion, but more like it freezes and then skips frames. Yesterday it happened while watching Discovery HD. Audio was normal. I have a Philips HDTV with component connection; software version P334. I have only recently been having this problem, but I was out of town from 9/05 to 1/06. Overall, my HD pq hasn't been too great either, but it's inconsistent. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...