Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish HD Demo channel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Martyva

Martyva

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 12:27 PM

New demo---outta sight!:)
Yes i'm deaf

#2 OFFLINE   xgrep

xgrep

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 10:08 PM

What exactly is on the HD demo channel?

I'm planning on getting an HD receiver (921 if not too expensive, else 6000), and currently have a dish300 on 148W (and a dish500 at 110/119), but the demo channel is on 61.5W (which doesn't get my locals, so would have to go to a 4-sat setup). Is it worth getting the demo channel? Anyone know if a demo channel will ever be on 148W?

Thanks,

x

#3 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 08:57 AM

Its nice to have to show your friends who come over and have never experienced HDTV a quick something to watch. It repeats about every 20 to 30 minutes so you won't be watching it much yourself after a day or so. I believe Discovery HD is only on 61.5 which IMHO is awesome. Yes, the programs repeat often but more are being added each month making it very worthwhile. PQ is stunning as well.
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#4 OFFLINE   sampatterson

sampatterson

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 11:32 AM

Discovery HD is on 148. That is my "demo" channel for friends!

spam firewall