Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Receiver Software Versions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Keith!

Just FYI there is now a chart available off our new homepage with the complete software revisions list!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:22 AM

Take a weekend off and see what happens! :) Keith gave me permission to post his info on the EKB a couple of weeks ago and I created the page the same day.

Marcus, you all now have 3 places for the software versions.

The software versions are also available:
1) as mentioned by Scott... off the main DBSTalk home page.
2)The EKB on the main page at http://echostar.swiki.net or directly at http://echostar.swiki.net/295
3)The EKB on DBSTalk on the main page under receivers at http://ekb.dbstalk.com or www.echostaruser.com AND directly at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/295

Ask and ye shall receive. :D

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#23 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:36 AM

:goodjob: Tony, you really do live up to your given name. :angel:
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#24 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:24 AM

Tony - You rule :)

Scott - just when i was going to say that the chart link was incomplete (the way i saw it yesturday), i just looked again now - and it is complete now...lol - cool! :)

#25 OFFLINE   KeithLINY

KeithLINY

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 06:11 PM

Enjoy,
Keith

=============
Keith@Knip.Com
Http://Knip.Com
=============

#26 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 06:13 PM

hmm..strange - only on 110...hmmm

Keith - you cool - to get all this info like that :)

#27 OFFLINE   D_Thomas

D_Thomas

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 04:06 PM

301 receiver and P172 (1.72) software upgrade...

For the DP301 receiver, why are 1.57, 1.70, and 1.72 all listed as "current" software? Does this mean that I could have any one of these versions and be on the latest software? I'm confused.

I received P170 for my 301 receiver several weeks ago, but haven't heard much discussion about the P172 version.

What is included in the P172 upgrade?

Also something to consider for future enhancement, keep a running list of all software versions for each receiver and list date software first deployed and a very brief indication of significant change for each version. That would be neat! Especially months from now when we might need to reference back.

#28 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 04:32 PM

I believe that 1.57 is the "current" software. Dish began to spool 170 to the 301s, and before it was done spooling 170 to all the receivers the newer version 172 came out. So some receivers may still have 157 since they have yet to be upgraded. Some receivers got 170 before 172 came out and are in the queue to get 172 now. And some receivers are going directly from 157 to 172.

172 is currently spooling to 301s.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#29 OFFLINE   KeithLINY

KeithLINY

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 04:30 PM

UPDATE for 8/13/02

Model DP 301 is now spooling out ver 1.73