Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

MTV's The Osbournes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2002 - 09:49 PM

I read the reviews from publications such as EW and USA Today, so I decided to do something that I havent done in many months: watch MTV. (Hint of how MTV is being changed to a 24-hour "show" channel: video ads were for MTV2, not MTV). Now, for those of you who dont know what I am talking about, here is a summary:

The Osbournes is a weekly series about the lives of Ozzy Osbourne and his family in a mansion in Beverly Hills, California. The series will shock some because 1)This family curses and swears so much that youd think that they watched Scarface too many times. Ozzy has mentioned in interviews that what you see is what you get. Ozzy swears and his wife and children swear too...and 2)Ozzy actually doesnt live up to his performing self. You dont see him biting the heads off of bats; you dont see him getting rowdy. What you do see is him telling his daughter that getting a tattoo is a big mistake because it is permanent; you see him telling the family that smoking is bad. He even admits to the kids that he smoked for 30 years and quit smoking just 7 months ago. In other words, you see him actually being a loving father to the kids.

The funniest moment of tonight's show was when he tried to get the DirecTV to work. He kept getting a "Weak Signal" message. He had to get his son to help him get the system working. Ozzy explained that he cannot get the remotes to work because it seems that you have to have a computer education to get a remote to work.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2002 - 08:03 AM

Dang I missed this last night! I wanted to see it.

Ozzy's a wierd guy, I ran into him (litterly) a few months ago here in Hartford. He was in front of my office (which is directly across the street from the Hartford Civic Center) and he was looking up at my building and he walked into me, (He had a big moon boot cast on his leg) I told him I was sorry, and he said that he was the one who was not bloody looking where he was going. I then recognized him I said hey your Ozzy, and he told me "and your not" he laughed and then his wife rushed him off.

He seems like a playfull guy and to me it looks like his wife is in control of everything he does.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2002 - 11:29 AM

Scott, "The Osbournes" is on as a series on MTV. I think its a weekly series and so far..13 shows have been ordered by MTV. If the series is a smash then Ozzy and his wife have already stated that they are willing to do a second and third season. The second episode is where his wife takes in several animals and it is driving Ozzy nuts. "What am I, Doctor Doolittle?", Ozzy asks his wife.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2002 - 04:00 PM

Here is the link to the MTV's The Osbournes website:

www.mtv.com/onair/osbournes/

spam firewall