Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote using 2 DTivos in the same room

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:11 PM

Anyone know of a way to use a remote for 2 DTivo receivers (HDVR2 & HR10-250) in the same room? Currently I have to block the IR signal on the unit I'm not watching with paper.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sheepishlion

sheepishlion

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:43 PM

I don't have two DTivo's, so I can't try this myself, but I do know you can change the address for each remote. I had a problem with my Pioneer DVD remote working my DTivo. Then you can set the DTivo to one address, and then HD-DVR to another. Hope this works for you.

1. MENU> MESSAGES & SETUP> SYSTEM INFO

2. scroll down to REMOTE ADDRESS

3. point the remote away from the receiver, press and hold PAUSE & TIVO(or DIRECTV key) until the red light remains on

4. press one of the #'s on the remote between 1-9( or if a Sony 1-3), that changes the remote to a new address.

5. now point the remote towards the receiver, press the right directional button, this changes the receiver.

And make sure you have the other DTivo sensor covered when you do this so as not to change it as well.

Sorry, I forgot to give credit to where I found my info at TiVo community. It's post # 5.

#3 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:49 PM

On my HDVR2 and HR10-250 the SYSTEM INFO page appears to be read only. I can see the Remote Address is "Not Set (0)" but you cannot get to that to change it.

#4 OFFLINE   sheepishlion

sheepishlion

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

At step 3 you are changing the settings on the remote, you do not change anything on that screen until you go to step 5, then by pressing the right button, it tells your receiver what address it is using. I have changed the address to all of them (0-9), and once I pressed the right button it updates the screen with the address I selected.

#5 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   rabit ears

rabit ears

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:01 AM

Do realize that you must change the address of every receiver in the room! Changing one receiver to a number > 0 and not changing the other will cause the second remote to control both receivers (0 is the universal code).

Not that I understand the technology, but I have noticed that systems seem to work better if the numbers selected are not consecutive, i.e. 1 & 3 vs. 1 & 2, etc.

#7 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

I noticed that last night. Set them to 1 & 6. All is well now. Thanks all!!!

#8 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

For future reference, here is the discription from TiVo customer service:
http://customersuppo...blic/tv1087.htm

#9 OFFLINE   rickaren

rickaren

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:52 AM

If you only want to use one remote Weakness sells a replacement remote for only $29 that has a switch for DVR1 &DRV2. Works great, I have one.

http://www.weaknees....anut_remote.php
Rick

Samsung HL67A750
2-Panasonic LCD TC-23LX50
1-Panasonic LCD TC-32LX50
ONKYO HT-S9100THX Receiver/Speaker Package
DirecTV HR22/AM21 W Slimline 5LNB
DISH HD VIP 622 DVR w/ Platinum programing
Onyko Blu-Ray DV-BD606
Harmony ONE Remote

My Construction of HT
http://community.web...ser/rickaren103