Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish 1000 Upgrade

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bogwon

Bogwon

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:20 PM

Not sure if people are aware of this offer. I am an existing Dish customer. I called about a Dish 1000 upgrade. Phone gal said there was no upgrade program for existing customers at this time. I wanted to upgrade so I could get Voom HD without a second dish. When she entered my request into her computer for Voom, it spit out a code that let her offer me a Dish 1000 upgrade for $59.95. She said she hadn't been told anything about this offer and was suprised to see it. She set me up and it was installed three days later and I'm good to go. Seemed like a good deal????

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cpdretired

cpdretired

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:44 PM

Not sure if people are aware of this offer. I am an existing Dish customer. I called about a Dish 1000 upgrade. Phone gal said there was no upgrade program for existing customers at this time. I wanted to upgrade so I could get Voom HD without a second dish. When she entered my request into her computer for Voom, it spit out a code that let her offer me a Dish 1000 upgrade for $59.95. She said she hadn't been told anything about this offer and was suprised to see it. She set me up and it was installed three days later and I'm good to go. Seemed like a good deal????

Do you receive all of your subscribed local channels? If any of your subscribed locals are on the 129 satellite the dish is free. Check on the link that I provided.

http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

#3 OFFLINE   Bogwon

Bogwon

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

Non of my locals are on 129, so I guess it's not a bad deal. I called into the Charlie Chat and because of so many calls, I ended up talking to the person I did. It just seemed strange that the person on the phone knew nothing about the program. When I called a few weeks before about Voom, they wanted to add a 2nd dish and charge me $99 to get the programming.

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

Do you receive all of your subscribed local channels? If any of your subscribed locals are on the 129 satellite the dish is free.

To see just the channels on 129 click http://ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   Skates

Skates

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the info - supposedly, I'm getting a Dish1000 + 148 on Jan. 10th.

I was wondering what that "ESPN2HD" MPEG4 entry was...

#6 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the info - supposedly, I'm getting a Dish1000 + 148 on Jan. 10th.

I was wondering what that "ESPN2HD" MPEG4 entry was...

ESPN2 HD has since been changed to indicate an Mpeg2 stream will be provided. Of course, wait 'til launch to see for sure.

#7 OFFLINE   havana

havana

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:21 PM

I was told that the $59.95 price was with a one year commitment, otherwise it was still $99.00.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...