Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

D* to remove Lexington local WLJC 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

That sucks about WLVT, it actually had some kind of importance to the Allentown/Lehigh Valley area with some of the community shows they have. Now all that region has is just WFMZ for news and issues that apply to them. Everything else is just Philadelphia, and New Jersey with NJN.

FROM WLVT:

Statement Regarding Directv

On July 13, 2005, WLVT sent Directv a letter regarding "Mandatory Carriage Election" pursuant to section 338 of the Communications Act of 1934. This letter communicated our wishes to be carried in the Philadelphia DMA by Directv. (see attachment 1)The July 13th date is significant considering Directv set an October 1st, 2005 deadline to receive any such communication regarding "must-carry."

On December 28th, 2005, WLVT was notified via FedEx that Directv never received any communication from WLVT regarding retransmission consent. Therefore, "Directv does not have any obligation to continue carriage of WLVT-TV." (see attachment 2)

On December 29th, 2005, Dan LaBert, Senior Director of Technology and Strategic Partnerships for WLVT contacted Bob Gabrielli, Senior Vice President of Programming Operations & Distribution for Directv. Contact was made first by leaving a voicemail with Gabrielli's office and then followed up with by sending an email. (see attachment 3)

In that message, LaBert communicated "It would be a disservice to the viewers of the Philadelphia DMA and the subscribers of DirecTV for this not to be worked out," and that "WLVT responded for carriage request by Directv on July 13th, 2005." A .pdf copy of the letter was attached to the email.

Bob Gabrielli did return our message that same day and spoke with Dan LaBert. Gabrielli stated that Directv sent out their communication on 12/28/2005 to give stations adequate time to respond just in case there were any glitches in the system. Gabrielli questioned why Directv did not receive WLVT's letter but then opened the previously sent email that contained a copy of WLVT's July 13th communication to Directv. While on still on the phone with LaBert, Gabrielli stated "well there must be in a glitch in our system. Everything looks ok on this letter. I will walk down to our legal department and get it taken care of. I will then follow back up with you letter this afternoon." Except, WLVT has yet to hear back from Directv regarding this issue.

On December 31st at 12:00 AM, WLVT was dropped from Directv's channel line-up.

Despite numerous phone calls, voice mails and emails to Directv's corporate office in El Segundo, California, WLVT has still yet to be contacted by Directv.

WLVT's signal did return to Directv on Tuesday, January 3rd but was once again dropped on Wednesday January 4th. We have been given no reason why our signal was dropped a second time.

WLVT deeply regrets any inconvenience to our viewers resulting from Directv's decision to drop our signal station. We renewed our intentions with Directv on July 13, 2005 and Directv failed to process the request. We are working feverishly to resolve this issue.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   LMckin

LMckin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

from few posts from sateliteguys mb lost

KCMP upn station in fargo/valley city

#23 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:28 PM

Channel 68 in Tri-Cities/TN (WLFG/Ind.) was also dropped by D* as of 1/1/06. This station was briefly aired yesterday by D* (Saturday 1/7/06), but is off the air again a 2nd time.

#24 OFFLINE   stupid0g

stupid0g

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:51 PM

offically they didn't elect during the must-carry period, therefore they ere dropped.

side note about 12 different lcl stations across the us were droped for this reason with D*
The guy you hate to talk to at D*

#25 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

Verifying - did DirecTV add WTVE 51/Reading PA to the Philadelphia package? How is the picture? It's now listed as included. I'm assuming it is the first time that station has been on satellite. Pretty much nothing worth anything, though from that station.

#26 OFFLINE   LMckin

LMckin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

[quote name='KyL416']Now the number is up to 15, if anyone else is missing any, please let me know:

[QUOTE](182) Greenville-Spartanburg, SC-Asheville, NC:
WGGS/16 Greenville, SC[/QUOTE]

WGGS TV 16
is Back on the Air on Directv i don`t know how long they been back but i just notice it this evening.

#27 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

Verifying - did DirecTV add WTVE 51/Reading PA to the Philadelphia package? How is the picture? It's now listed as included. I'm assuming it is the first time that station has been on satellite. Pretty much nothing worth anything, though from that station.

actually I think i do have 51 and 51.1 on the guide. Ill have to check when I get home. If i can remember. Does having just a 51 mean that it's definitely a directv channel and it's not my ota signal? I forget if they populate the guide with all channels available ota, not necessarily carried by directv

#28 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:13 PM

51 would be the Satellite signal from D*, 51.1 would be the ATSC signal from OTA. And yes, DirecTV's website has WTVE listed, they also have WLVT back.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...