Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA HD Antenna question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:15 AM

dconroy i've been trying to get the philly locals in 40 miles away so have a bit of expertise in the matter :) My problem is a neighbors house. In the attic I get decent signals on all but fox (which is 42 not 52) and WB. Also fox is 2 degress off for me, which stinks also.

Another problem is height of their antennas so you need to get yours as high as possible. 6 inches HAS made a difference on my attic mount from an unreliable 70ish reading to a solid mid 80s for me on nbc/abc. If you are 16 miles out and can't get a decent nbc/abc, then that's not good. Higher UHF numbers are harder to get, but you are 'so' close it shouldnt be too much a problem unless you have a blocked signal

here's some data of interest
uhf  station  signal  power  height
26 (cbs3)    90-92      770/375
31 (pax61)   90-91       
32 (upn 57)  75-80      250/400
34 (wbye35)  80-85      358/377
42 (fox 29)  25-45      305/161
54 (wb 17)   60ish      500/354
64 (abc 6)   85+      500/390
67 (nbc10)   85++      560/377

as you can see, fox sucks!

Also note in order to just test a signal you dont have to run guided setup, if you haven't done it already. The channels will test just fine.

also, as Ironwood people can be horrible...i'd stay away from their antenna/installers and ask a friend or even go the yellow pages for a good antenna/installer.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall