Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Phila HD Locals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ronfil56

ronfil56

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

I was wondering about the PQ of the new Philly HD locals. I've been a D* customer for about 10 years. I use Comcast for my ISP, as well as for digital cable, here in the Bensalem, Pa area. My Comcast HD picture quality is amazing. I receive the following channels;

Comcast Sports Net HD - Channel 200
Espn HD - Channel 202
TNT HD - 204
Discovery HD Theater - 205
INHD - 206
INHD 2 - 207

Plus all locals from CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, PBS, WB & UPN

Is it worth it to upgrade my D*?
Ron Turner

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ravinpat

ravinpat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Hi if you love the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies, its probably not worth your time. You won't get Comcast Sports net on D.

I was wondering about the PQ of the new Philly HD locals. I've been a D* customer for about 10 years. I use Comcast for my ISP, as well as for digital cable, here in the Bensalem, Pa area. My Comcast HD picture quality is amazing. I receive the following channels;

Espn HD - Channel 202
TNT HD - 204
INHD - 206
INHD 2 - 207

#3 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:05 AM

Espn HD - Channel 202
TNT HD - 204
INHD - 206
INHD 2 - 207

If PQ is ok, stay where you are. pbs/upn/wb/tnt aren't on Directv HD. If I didn't have reservations about the moxi box for my local cable co, i'd probably be there now. Also i'm not sure how their pic is compared to my OTA.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...