Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

multiswitch problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   masterpjz9

masterpjz9

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

I have the new AT9 dish and a 6x8 multiswitch. The new H20 works great, but the old HD receiver I have hooked up upstairs and I'm having some trouble tuning to channels 70 and 71. They're both on satellite C so I think the multiswitch isn't recognizing the signal to change to that satellite. The cable run is the longest in the house so I guess I need to try to move the receiver to another location and see if I still get the problem. Sometimes the channels work but other times they don't. If it ends up being the cable run, what can I do to fix this? I can't make the run any shorter and the multiswitch is unpowered. If it's the multiswitch, would DirecTV send me a new one through their protection plan? I don't want to have to wait for them to send a tech out; I don't wanna sit there all day.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

A long run to an unpowered multiswitch may be your undoing. An 18VDC output at your receiver may drop too much to get even numbered transponders from the LNB. Using a 100% copper conductor RG6 such as Belden 1694A may do the trick. You probably have a copper coated steel center conductor right now which may not be a good enough conductor over a long distance.

spam firewall