Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR10-250 Directv rebate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   donebetter

donebetter

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:22 PM

Hey all! I purchase an HR10-250 that's has been up and running for a few weeks now. Received my first bill and everything looks fine. Will D* be sending me the rebate form? Should I contact them and request it? What have others been doing on this one?

Many thanks! :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Maniacal1

Maniacal1

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

I received my form from DirecTV about a month after purchasing and activating the HR10-250.

#3 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:12 PM

Hey all! I purchase an HR10-250 that's has been up and running for a few weeks now. Received my first bill and everything looks fine. Will D* be sending me the rebate form? Should I contact them and request it? What have others been doing on this one?

Many thanks! :)

I recieved mine about 5 weeks after activating. My wife accidentally thru it out(the one that came with the HR10-250 int the box). They ended up sending me one anyway, I didn't ask.
If you don't receive it soon, I was sent the form in PDF awhile ago from another member. Link below.

http://www.directv.c...rebate_form.pdf
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#4 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

I had purchased a second HR10-250 back in August and swear I sent in the rebate form (still waiting on the rebate). Today in the mail I received a rebate form saying I recently activated service on an HD DVR or HD receiver. Since the purchase in August, all I had bought was I think it's a D10 ($50 SD) receiver to hook up to a stand alone Tivo box.

Receiving the rebate form confuses me. Has anyone else gotten a form they weren't expecting? Not trying to hijack the thread, just curious.

Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

I never received my rebate from August. The form was sent in September 29th.

When I called four times to check status this is what I got:

1. Early December - "We have received your rebate and the check is in the mail."

2. Right after Christmas - "We never received your form, send it in again."

3. Next morning- "We never received your form, send it in again. By the way you should be happy about the deal you got. You should not have received this deal".

4. Later that afternoon - "We are sorry I will immediately credit your account the $100.00." (I did get the credit).

Yesterday afternoon I received another rebate form in the mail for $200.00, but it is not valid for the date I bought the HR10-250.

Search TivoCommunity and some of the other forums. You will see this rebate mess is a ongoing problem. :(

#6 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

I bought my HR10-250 in August last year after seeing a post on the TiVo Community Forums about the $299-$100MIR. I filled out and mailed the rebate form the first full week of September. I called on Dec. 13 to check on the status and was told the check was mailed on the 12th. Thought that was suspicious that it was mailed out the day before I called.

Fast forward to last Saturday. Mail came and I see an envelope with a DirecTV logo and "Advanced Products Rebate Program" on the return address. "Finally!", I thought. I open it and find the $200 rebate form for products bought from Oct. to Feb. WTF does that have to do with me?!

I called CS and went through Steps 2-4 that Phil T. mentioned. My response to them never receiving the form was to ask why the CSR told me on Dec. 13 that the check was in the mail. Understandably, she had no answer. As for #3, yeah it was a good deal, but the rebate wasn't my idea, DirecTV made the offer and sent the form. Why wouldn't I take advantage of it? I said OK to #4, but I'm really turned off by the fact that I have to take it into my own hands for them to fulfill what was promised.

In short, this was the first time I've done a rebate from DirecTV, prior to that it was through the manufacturer of the box, a Philips DSR-6000. I'm in no hurry to do it again. I put personal info on a document that's turned up missing. I don't like that.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard cInternet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device

#7 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

DirecTV better get its rebate act together soon because there are lots of folks like bidger and me who are getting the run around!

#8 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

It's called "State's Attorney General's". DTV has already been burned big time by these the AG's. Next time you speak with DTV about the lack of your rebate, tell them I want a credit now or I hang up and call my AG's office and file a complaint.

#9 OFFLINE   Flyboy917

Flyboy917

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

I recieved a $100 10-250 rebate form a year and a half after buying it. I sent it in anyway....we'll see!

#10 OFFLINE   rabit ears

rabit ears

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:27 AM

It's called "State's Attorney General's". DTV has already been burned big time by these the AG's. Next time you speak with DTV about the lack of your rebate, tell them I want a credit now or I hang up and call my AG's office and file a complaint.

The problem is that the CSRs are not to blame for this fiasco and they get all the heat.

I sent my form in with $100 insurance and proof of receipt (cost $17.37 for insurance , proof of receipt and first class mail). I have completed the claim forms with the USPS, spoken with a Postal Inspector, and signed an notarized document that I did not receive my rebate. It is my understanding that if USPS pays my insurance claim the post office will begin formal criminal proceedings against DTV.

On another thread, someone suggested a complaint to the FTC.

Nothing aginst the various AGs. but they tend to look for big, no brainer hits that appeal to the Joe Lunchbucket voter. Some guy with $10k invested in a TV and some gear isn't going to get a lot of sympathy over a lost $100 with the Lunchbucket crowd.

For that reason, making a federal case out of it seems to be the best way to proceed.

#11 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

The problem is that the CSRs are not to blame for this fiasco and they get all the heat.

I did my best not to take it out on the young woman I spoke with and try to keep it in mind whenever I call DirecTV that the person I speak with isn't personally responsible for the problem I'm calling about. All I ask is that they make the best use of the resources available to them to work with me toward a solution. I took the time to make small talk and to be respectful while she researched. I would have preferred the check, she came up with a solution that works, provided they carry through.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard cInternet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device

#12 OFFLINE   Poochie

Poochie

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:12 AM

9 weeks after DirecTV received my rebate materials (I mailed them certified with return receipt), I called and the CSR said the check would arrive that week. I received the newer $200 rebate form instead of a check. 1.5 weeks later I called and was told that (1) there was no record of my having called before and (2) the check is on its way. I spoke with a supervisor and complained about having to make these calls in addition to waiting, and she gave me an instant credit of $10 for my trouble, but said the rebate checks are handled by a separate department, and all she could say is that the check is on its way. I asked if "on its way" means "in the hands of the USPS" and she said "apparently" and "probably." I'm disappointed that some customers are getting instant rebates (instant, ha ha - after calling I mean) while others like me are not (yet).

#13 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:49 AM

After my HD DVR was installed, I got a "receipt" 1-2 weeks later. Since I wanted to get the rebate check back faster, I emailed D* shortly after that and they emailed me the rebate form within a day or two (and even sent me a link to their website where I could download it).

A week later, they mailed the rebate form.

Things went pretty fast for me once I started requesting the things I needed. Now I just need to wait 6-8 weeks for the check so we'll see how that goes.

spam firewall