Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA program guide question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffzoot

jeffzoot

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

So I got my hr10-250 installed yesterday with an outdoor OTA. I get my CBS and NBC channels perfectly. The only problem is for my region, "Bozeman-Butte" in Montana, the two channels I get are showing "Regular schedule" for all shows but there are two channels that I don't get that have the correct guide. It appears as if it's just a mapping from what the local stations are broadcasting as the station name.

(Example. channel 6-1 is showing twice, one with krtv-hd and krtv-dt, the one with krtv-hd is showing the guide but krtv-dt has the signal.) I can't remember the exact mapping but hopefully my example makes sense...

Who might I contact for this one?

Thanks for the help!

-Jeff

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   msmith

msmith

Icon

• Registered
  • 808 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:09 AM

Put a zip code closer to the other stations in as the "Alternate zip code". See if those channels show up with guide data. It may be that DTV doesn't provide guide data for those stations.

As for the stations that you can't receive, just uncheck them in Channels You Receive.

#3 OFFLINE   randog311

randog311

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

So I got my hr10-250 installed yesterday with an outdoor OTA. I get my CBS and NBC channels perfectly. The only problem is for my region, "Bozeman-Butte" in Montana, the two channels I get are showing "Regular schedule" for all shows but there are two channels that I don't get that have the correct guide. It appears as if it's just a mapping from what the local stations are broadcasting as the station name.

(Example. channel 6-1 is showing twice, one with krtv-hd and krtv-dt, the one with krtv-hd is showing the guide but krtv-dt has the signal.) I can't remember the exact mapping but hopefully my example makes sense...

Who might I contact for this one?

Thanks for the help!

-Jeff

Jeff, I recently got D*, I am using the H20 reciever in the Denver area with several OTA channels. Every station that broadcasts in HD will show up with 2 channels listed, The first listed is not Hd and the second listing is HD. Your listing of krtv-hd should be the HD broadcast.
I hope I have answered at least part of your question?
Late randog311

spam firewall