Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Source for 60cm round dish???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Punkitup

Punkitup

AllStar/Supporter

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

Does anyone know a reliable on-line source for a 60cm round dish with an RCA-type feed arm? The Winegard DS-4062 would be idea but something from another manufacturer might fit the bill. An included Dual LNB is not required, but would be a consideration if the price were right.

Peace
James

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Try this http://www.solidsign...sh&PROD=SKAUL60
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Punkitup

Punkitup

AllStar/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the pointer JD.
Funny I looked over there earlier today; I guess I missed that page. I am finally about to complete the house I am building, which has been in one stage or another of planning, construction and lawsuits since before I joined here almost three years ago (long story). I am at the stage where I need to mount a dish and bring the feeds into the home-networking panel before I close off that wall. We are at 1200ft elevation yet just 50-miles from the ocean, a combination that seems to attract every rain and snowstorm there is, and fog with 1/8-mile visibility is very common. So I was thinking the 60cm dish might give me an edge on those moisture-laden days compared to the standard 46cm (18”) dish, now whether that would play out to mean anything in the real world I am not sure.
Peace
James

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,037 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:26 AM

I'm sure you've already planned for growth and repair, but before you close that wall I would run at least 6 sets of RG6 and/or a big enough conduit that you can pull new lines through it in the future.
-
Dish technology changes. Right now today, you could find yourself in a situation with the new D* dish plus a couple of outboard dishes where you need 6 runs, not counting an over the air antenna. Who knows what that might be in a couple of years.
-
Carl

#5 OFFLINE   Punkitup

Punkitup

AllStar/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:48 AM

Good looking-out Carl, thank you; but in truth the wall is not so inaccessible that I cannot bring something through in the future (my Ham Radio lines for one), and besides I built the entire place so I have a good idea of where not to bore holes (Ha ha). No, it is more a matter of doing things by the numbers and getting a backing on the R-30 insulation that I put in that wall is at the top of my list.
I don’t anticipate bringing six pairs of coax into the building for TV anytime soon, or at all for that matter. Verizon is busy rolling out their FTTP, trade named FiOS, in communities not too far from ours and I have been told they will be heading our direction this coming summer. The pattern is to start with the internet service, and bring the television online about three to six months later. I am most interested in the internet service because Comcast won’t come out our street into the woods (they might to compete with Verizon) and we are out of range for DSL, so our only option is dial-up because I am not paying the fee for Direcway not to mention the equipment cost and service commitment.
But I will tell you guys, in my opinion when Verizon gets their FiOS TV up and available to the masses I have little doubt it will dominate!

Peace
James – K1JMD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...