Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hdmi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Japesebas

Japesebas

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:15 AM

I have DVI input on my TV. I heard that using the HDMI ouput through DVI cable to the TV was not good, anyone know?
I already have the DVI cable, so this way would save buying a HDMI cable, I just need a HDM:confused: I-DVI adapter.

Is it going to be much different/better than the component I use now.
This is a HD20 receiver.

Also the menu & program guide text on the receiver is not aligned correctly. Anyone else have this, is there a way to fix it?
I have checked the TV and that is good.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rabit ears

rabit ears

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

All you need is a HDMI to DVI cable - you should be able to get one online for under $30. You could go to RS, BB or CC and pay three time that, but a cable is a cable is a cable.

Note also that DVI doesn't carry audio. You'll need to run the RCA audio out from the H20 to the audio in of your DVI port.

I don't know that you will see a diffrence, I see a difference between DVI and component on my set. I think it's a function of your vision and the television. As for the alignment of the menu, that's probably a function of the form factor (some people call it the zoom) on your set. Play with various options on the set until you see what you want

Protected By... spam firewall...And...