Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ota and dual tuners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shadco

shadco

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

Mastec just left.

They've run an OTA Antenna and connected it directly to the HR10-250 in lieu of running it into the Multi switch at the dish.

When testing the OTA it only shows signal on the second tuner is this normal??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:49 PM

When testing the OTA it only shows signal on the second tuner is this normal??

No, it's not normal but happens. I had this once and then the next day, with a new antenna I was getting signals from both tuners.

#3 OFFLINE   msmith

msmith

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:49 AM

There was a run of bad HR10-250's early on that had trouble with the splitter inside the box for OTA. Consider reporting the problem to DTV and requesting a replacement.

#4 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:20 AM

I haven't heard that one. The only hardware problem that got big mention was the HDMI card attachment that was fixed 11/04. Depending on what channels are selected, a false zero may be reported. Select an OTA channel. Then press the down arrow or Live TV button to switch to the other tuner. Select another OTA channel. switch between the two tuners with an aforementioned button. If that works okay, there is no problem.

#5 OFFLINE   shadco

shadco

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the reply's fellas.

Update later on last night I was getting strong signals on both OTA tuners and the same this AM.

90+ for all the Baltimore local's except UPN which I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to get not that I care for UPN anywho.

Now I need to see what I can do for the DC Locals

Protected By... spam firewall...And...