Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Talked to Dish today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   glp

glp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

I haven't been here in a while. In fact the last time I got severely reprimanded from Nick for telling everyone why I went back to cable. I'm still enjoying the cable and receive 30 hd channels including locals but all the announcements about this HD content interested me so I figured I give Charlie another chance.I basically want the new Hd content which would increase my total content to 55. I'm perfectly happy with the cable I have now so I don't need any thing more but I do realize that there will probably be some duplication. I got a nice enough csr who told me I qualified as a new customer for an 811 or 942 I only need it for one room. I told him I wasn't interested in either but rather the 211 or 621. He put me on hold and came back and read a prepared statement saying I should wait until march for these to become available If anyone has better details could you respond to this post. All I need is the box I' ve got 2 dishes with the LNB's because I refused to climb my roof to send them back ( they debited my account for them) It's basically a pretty easy sale and installation plug it in, hook it up, and they have me back boy they can make things difficult.
Thanks
Gary

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:01 PM

the 622 isn't available until Feb 1. The 211 i thought was already available though. hmm. 622 will run $299 when it becomes available
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,749 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

the 622 isn't available until Feb 1. The 211 i thought was already available though. hmm. 622 will run $299 when it becomes available

And the $299 will include any dishes and switches needed to pick up the appropriate satellites ... just in case the ones you have are not the ones you need.

JL

#4 OFFLINE   glp

glp

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:22 AM

so my question is can I get the 211 before feb 1
Gary

#5 OFFLINE   SHS

SHS

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVinita, OK

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:10 AM

glp you are should beware that dish has major PQ problem and a few other small problem.
All my recording from Hauppauge PVR come out look like carp vs when I had cable all dish recording which have an odd ball reddish or greenish color shift come out of all output and channel even the HDTV channel have same problem which I can see in both realtime livetv on all boxs 2(811) and 2(301) and in my PVR recording that seem to be cuase by the there mpeg stream as far I can tell which supize the h@ll out me that people here can't seem see it.
And just make sure that the problem wasn't on my end I ask other dish user that also have SageTV or other 3rdparty PVR and Hauppauge PVR 150 or 500 to sent me a short 3 min clip from there dish recording of any Stargate SG-1 and there clips even had the very same artifact problem but key thing is that it dose seem to make a small diff depend on mpeg decoder used but that only with PowerDVD which show a diff odd color unlike all other mpeg decoder which seem show the same very color artifact heck even using Hardware MPEG Decoder like Hauppauge MediaMVP it also to show the very same problem.
New real BIG Q is if it not in there mpeg stream will new box solve the problem I would count it but anything possable.

#6 OFFLINE   KingLoop

KingLoop

Custom User Title

• Gold Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:33 AM

...I'm still enjoying the cable and receive 30 hd channels including locals...

Gary, what cable company are you with that gives you 30 HD channels? What channels are they?
KL

#7 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:15 AM

Gary

211 is showing on the website, it's just called the HD tuner. So I do believe you can order the non DVR unit now. It's the DVR unit that isn't out until Feb 1
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

#8 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,704 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

I basically want the new Hd content which would increase my total content to 55.

So I don't make any bad assumptions, are you seeking only the HD material to complement your cable or are you considering switching back? The reason I ask is that the lease program is only available with a minimum subscription level.

#9 OFFLINE   BoisePaul

BoisePaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:05 PM

211 is showing on the website, it's just called the HD tuner.

Where? All I see is the 811 labeled as the DISHHD receiver. Funny that the alternate text for the image of the 811 says "DVR-811". It's been that way for a while.

#10 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

Gaming Guru and Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

Gary

http://www.dishdepot...hd_receiver.jsp

http://www.dishstore...products_id=261

#11 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Don't foreget, the new HD channels won't be available until Feb 1 and you will need a Dish 1000.
Allen

#12 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,278 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:58 PM

Talked to Dish today

I haven't been here in a while. In fact the last time I got severely reprimanded from Nick
for telling everyone why I went back to cable...Thanks
Gary

Well, what can I say, Gary. I am sorry and embarrassed about that harsh post I made last
April. Not an excuse by any means, but, unknowingly, it was not a particularly good time
for me from a health standpoint. Ironically, about six months later I found myself following
in your footsteps, not only going back to cable myself, but boldly posting at length my own
reasons for doing so. Obviously, I didn't heed my own advice.

I sincerely apologize for my earlier remarks and for being the cause of you leaving. I'm glad
you're back and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

In any case, welcome back, Gary. :welcome_s It's good to have you with us again.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#13 OFFLINE   cap

cap

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:07 PM

Don't foreget, the new HD channels won't be available until Feb 1 and you will need a Dish 1000.

Do we "need" a Dish 1000?

I have 2-500's right now 119 and 61.5 I believe.

#14 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:09 PM

No.

#15 OFFLINE   olgeezer

olgeezer

• Registered
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

Do we "need" a Dish 1000?

I have 2-500's right now 119 and 61.5 I believe.

Only if you want a single dish solution for the HD package. and your look angle should be better at 129 than at 61 (I'm do south of you)

#16 OFFLINE   glp

glp

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

Well, what can I say, Gary. I am sorry and embarrassed about that harsh post I made last
April. Not an excuse by any means, but, unknowingly, it was not a particularly good time
for me from a health standpoint. Ironically, about six months later I found myself following
in your footsteps, not only going back to cable myself, but boldly posting at length my own
reasons for doing so. Obviously, I didn't heed my own advice.

I sincerely apologize for my earlier remarks and for being the cause of you leaving. I'm glad
you're back and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

In any case, welcome back, Gary. :welcome_s It's good to have you with us again.

Nick apology accepted but the real reason I left was that after I left dish and went to cable there was really no reason for me to continue to post. I must admit this forum was invaluable to me when I was a Dish subscriber. It solved many a dilemma and your post many time were part of the solutions I sought. I'll also admit I probably got carried away with my rant about leaving Dish but it was really a frustrating experience. Nick I hope your health problems have improved and that 2006 is a great year for you as well !!
Thanks for the welcome back
Gary

#17 OFFLINE   glp

glp

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

So I don't make any bad assumptions, are you seeking only the HD material to complement your cable or are you considering switching back? The reason I ask is that the lease program is only available with a minimum subscription level.

I'm only seeking to compliment my cable. I've found that the HD channels are usually the ones I watch the majority of the time. I figure if I can increase the number of channels the better. I'm also wondering if my DP34 switch will work with the new receiver
Gary

#18 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

...I'm also wondering if my DP34 switch will work with the new receiver
Gary

The DP34 will work with any current Dish receiver, but you'll need two cables from the switch to any dual tuner receiver.

#19 OFFLINE   Rob O

Rob O

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:55 AM

Gary, what cable company are you with that gives you 30 HD channels? What channels are they?

I'd like to know also! I see you are in Milford, what cable do you have? Comcast is in MA where I am.

#20 OFFLINE   glp

glp

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

I'd like to know also! I see you are in Milford, what cable do you have? Comcast is in MA where I am.

I'm with adelphia in NH. My apologies on the count it's actually 21. Iwas counting my Video on Demand.
The brain is the 2nd thing to go I can't remember the first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
Gary

Protected By... spam firewall...And...