Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HELP - HR10-250's locks up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new DirectTV user, i have 2 HD TV's one with the HR10-250 and one with the 720 HD receiver and 2 std. TV receivers.

I'm having problems with the HR10-250 since day one, after a few hours i couldn't change channels via the remote or access the guide etc it would take maybe 5-10 attempts to change a channel or access a function, it was also intermittant and seemed to happen at first after power up. After a major saga with D* i finally received a replacement unit, essentially the same thing apart from when warm.

So i have 2 HR10-250's, 2 remotes, plus i programmed my universal to control the HR10-250's and the same thing occurs. I tried leaving it off overnight, leaving it on etc. Its connected via HDMI to the TV, i do turn the TV off into standby.

btw: the 720 and the 2 std receivers work fine

Am i just very, very unlucky and a major coincidence ??? i'm awaiting the 3rd unit from D*TV

Has anyone had the same problems ?

Thanks

Tim

Of course i'm getting major grief from having switched from Comcast !!! Help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sdlehman

sdlehman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

Just a shot in the dark here. Is it possible that the unit has a weak infrared signal from remote? Or is this an RF signal?

Stace

#3 OFFLINE   tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

Just a shot in the dark here. Is it possible that the unit has a weak infrared signal from remote? Or is this an RF signal?

Stace

Thanks, tried that, even with all (3) remotes from inches away, its almost as if the receiver is "busy" doing something else, for example lets say i enter channel 654, i might get the 6 only, or the 4 , but never all 3 digits in a row, or i may have to press Guide 5-10 times.

Strange thing its intermittant, i re-installed my original unit last night, worked perfectly all evening, left it on all night, turned on the TV this morning it had "locked" up ??

Tim

#4 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

I've had mine about a month now with no problems. Strange both units would have the same problems. Are you sure you have a clean power source?

#5 OFFLINE   tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

I've had mine about a month now with no problems. Strange both units would have the same problems. Are you sure you have a clean power source?

So it seems to be related to the HDMI interface after powering off the TV for a while. The fix to reset it is to turn off the TV, unplug the HDMI and wait a short while.

I'm going to try another cable, and if that doesn't work switch to components to test. I know earlier units had a problem with the HDMI interface, i hope this hasn't re-surfaced, of course it could be related to th TV power on sequence maybe

Tim

spam firewall