Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Technical Difference betwee: 6802 and WB68 Switch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:19 AM

Does anyone know what the technicall differences are between the two Zinwell 6x8 switches?

The 6802 and the WB68?

I was under the impression that the WB68 was the only one that can work with the A9 dish.... well... just had my install yesterday and the 6802 was installed, and it is working perfectly...

So any ideas? As in, when we see something on Sat #5 will I start to have a problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:17 AM

I'll bet it's just that the components on the WB68 are spec'ed and tested to handle a wider frequency range. In that case, the majority of 6802s would probably work but there would be a higher failure rate.

#3 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

The frequency should be from 250 to 2150 if I recall.

I had the WB68 installed this past monday. I didn't even know there was a second to choose from. In the short time of this needed requirement I've only heard of the WB68. Which doesn't mean anything, just a statement. If it can receive the needed frequency ranges, It should be O.K.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#4 OFFLINE   DTC mac

DTC mac

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

The frequency should be from 250 to 2150 if I recall.

I had the WB68 installed this past monday. I didn't even know there was a second to choose from. In the short time of this needed requirement I've only heard of the WB68. Which doesn't mean anything, just a statement. If it can receive the needed frequency ranges, It should be O.K.

Zinwell is phasing out the SAM-6802 in favor of the WB-68. Being the "6802" is not wideband some signal issues may crop up. ( buy hey, if it works, it works, knock wood! )

Pesumably the SAM-6802 is band-pass/high-pass filtered to prevent interferance to diplexed terrestrial signals making problems for 99WL Ka Lo when it comes.

spam firewall