Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Yet another reason we need superstations or...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 926 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:32 PM

a national WB and UPN station. I sent an email to my local WB network as I had tivo'd the first Beauty and the Geek show . When we went to watch it, it was an hour of a basketball game instead. I asked if they had any plans to rerun it and below is the reply I got.

Thank you for your interest in WTTV-TV WB4 and our
programming. Both "One
Tree Hill" and "Beauty and the Geek: Casting Special"
aired on Wednesday
night, following coverage of the Purdue basketball
game. Unfortunately,
we're not able to rebroadcast either program per our
contract with the WB
Network.

Any time a WB primetime program is preempted by
basketball, it will air
following the game.

Thank you for watching and writing.

Best Regards,

WTTV Programming

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

Thats the way stuff like that is handled at almost every single local affiliate that also has the local sports broadcast contract....We have that problem on UPN in NE Ohio and the Cavs, as well as NBC with the Browns on occasion, they did that with a series premiere a few years back, anyone remember Lyon's Den...they showed it at like 1:35 in the morning....this could happen on any local network, something that superstations cannot fix...

#3 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thats the way stuff like that is handled at almost every single local affiliate that also has the local sports broadcast contract....We have that problem on UPN in NE Ohio and the Cavs, as well as NBC with the Browns on occasion, they did that with a series premiere a few years back, anyone remember Lyon's Den...they showed it at like 1:35 in the morning....this could happen on any local network, something that superstations cannot fix...

Having a superstation package would help by having an alternative WB station when the local one pre-empts primetime shows. In Chicago, WGN pre-empts programming due to Chicago Bulls basketball sometimes and airs the shows late. That is why I have WPIX New York as well. WPIX usually doesn't ever pre-empt WB programs.

#4 OFFLINE   News Junky

News Junky

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:52 AM

This in the the D* topics and not E*. Is there any indication that D* is negotiating to bring their subscribers Superstations? I'd be thrilled.

#5 OFFLINE   MSoper72

MSoper72

Godfather

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

This in the the D* topics and not E*. Is there any indication that D* is negotiating to bring their subscribers Superstations? I'd be thrilled.

I would not get your hopes up. I've seen how D* handles superstations. Their answer is like the credit card commercials. No.

Plus, for most that do not have a local WB or UPN. You are SOL. Cause D* policy to receive it. Is that they are providing lil or by ota.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...