Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CES E* Press Conference and Product Demonstrations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,326 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

DBSTalk is proud to present to all of our members video of last Thursday's Echostar Press Conference. This is the complete 57 minute press conference split into two files. The first part is the presentation portion of the press conference - the second is the Q&A Segment.
Presentation - Q&A Segment

DBSTalk is also proud to present a look at the working demos of the ViP-222 and ViP-622 receivers.
ViP-222 - ViP-622

We hope you enjoy these demonstrations done live on the new ViP MPEG4 receivers by Echostar employees. Thanks to Echostar for the demonstrations and allowing DBSTalk to share the presentations with our members.

James Long

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

working

LOL!!!! :D

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,326 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:20 AM

LOL!!!! :D

As opposed to empty props with 942's "behind the wall" providing the signals being displayed. :sure:

JL

#4 OFFLINE   KKlare

KKlare

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Wave Movie Files (.wvm) do not have any known display application on the Mac.
Maybe in the very newest release or in purchased software but otherwise these are Windows specific.
-Ken

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,326 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

Perhaps the items on this page might help?
http://www.microsoft...a/mp10/mac.aspx

JL

#6 OFFLINE   KKlare

KKlare

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

Thanks James,

The Microsoft WindowsMediaInstaller.bin (vintage 2003) application worked fine and allows zooming.

Via Microsoft, the Flip4Mac WMV 2.0.dmg (vintage 2006) working in Quicktime in Safari looks smoother on my G5 iMac but resizing was not obvious but is available with its WMV Player.app. With Flip4Mac recommended for G4/G5, I guess I will not worry about it for my Pismo G3 notebook.

I've been to lazy to look it up and did not know it existed, so thanks again,
-Ken

P.S. Flip does seem to cause Safari or its app to quit if you close the window on it.
-K

#7 OFFLINE   madbrain

madbrain

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

DBSTalk is proud to present to all of our members video of last Thursday's Echostar Press Conference. This is the complete 57 minute press conference split into two files. The first part is the presentation portion of the press conference - the second is the Q&A Segment.
Presentation - Q&A Segment

DBSTalk is also proud to present a look at the working demos of the ViP-222 and ViP-622 receivers.
ViP-222 - ViP-622

We hope you enjoy these demonstrations done live on the new ViP MPEG4 receivers by Echostar employees. Thanks to Echostar for the demonstrations and allowing DBSTalk to share the presentations with our members.

James Long

Can anyone summarize what information is in these presentations ? Windows media won't play under Solaris .
DishPVR 921 - boot 140B, flash F052, SW L276HECD-N
DishDVR 622 - SW L356

#8 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:41 AM

Can anyone summarize what information is in these presentations ? Windows media won't play under Solaris .

MPlayer will install on Solaris, and it has codecs for the wmv files. Try this site for more info:

http://bwachter.lart...ris/solpkg.html

I run MPlayer on my Linux box(This one is an Apple G3 I'm on right now), and it works well, but it can be a bit of a pain to properly install. You may have to compile it. I haven't tried it on Solaris yet, but I know it works. Good luck.
Haven't logged on in almost 2 years. Haven't done installs in a long time. Good luck.

#9 OFFLINE   Paul43

Paul43

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

Being new to the HD world of Dish, is there a reason to pick the 222 over the 411 or vice versa?

#10 OFFLINE   olgeezer

olgeezer

• Registered
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:50 PM

The 211/411 are the same, except the 211 has an ethernet port. The 222 which isn't availabe yet is 2 tuner too allow viewing on two different channels at the same time,

#11 OFFLINE   Paul43

Paul43

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...