Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problems recording series link for same show on 2 channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   siquepupi

siquepupi

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:03 AM

I am trying to set up a series link for “Family Guy” on both TBS & Toon when I set one it works but when I try to set the other to record, the record option pages act as if it was already added I get statements like “all episodes are set to record” and “all episodes on this channel are scheduled to record”, but when I look at the to do list they are not there & they do not record. I tried different shows (South Park on WB & COM and Lilo & Stitch on Disney 1 & Disney 2) and the same thing happens. I called customer support and they had no clue.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,009 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:52 AM

This is a recognized issue with the R15. I do not know if it will be part of the next software upgrade or not, but should be.
-
Carl

#3 OFFLINE   siquepupi

siquepupi

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

When I contacted Dtv i was told that the rep went to an R15 and actuallty set this up without a problem. does it work on some & not on others?
Kenny

#4 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

siquepupi, Welcome to the forum :welcome_s

This is most certainly an issue with the R15. What the rep actually did, is any body's guess. I can personally verify from my experience with my unit, that i have not been successful in getting this to work either. Now, as to whether this happens on all units, i don't know, but of the posts i have read, that reference this issue, it doesn't work.:nono2:

#5 OFFLINE   stupid0g

stupid0g

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:25 PM

known issue with r15, no set to to rslv, issue was the unit was supposed to be able to detect all programs for the series link regardless of channel, however as we all know it didn't quite work out that way
The guy you hate to talk to at D*

#6 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:18 PM

known issue with r15, no set to to rslv, issue was the unit was supposed to be able to detect all programs for the series link regardless of channel, however as we all know it didn't quite work out that way

Series Link was designed to act the same as a Season Pass on a TiVo based DVR which only records the episodes from the particular channel. Wishlists for TiVo or Find By for the R15 are for all channels.

#7 OFFLINE   stupid0g

stupid0g

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:51 PM

I might be incorrect, however i beleive they wanted the unit to be able to eventually check all channels a customer would subscribe to for a particular program and be able to record from any channel as long as the program matched.

Lemme check with a few engineers and get back on this when i get some confirmed info.
The guy you hate to talk to at D*

#8 OFFLINE   siquepupi

siquepupi

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

I think I have a temporary solution.
Series Link = Season Pass
Find By = Wish List

If I Auto Record a "Find by (Keyword-Family Guy)" rather than "Series Link (Title-Family Guy)" It will record from any channel. unfortunately this means that I would need to expand it to "keep all" instead of just 5 in order to keep 5 from each as well as shows which may have both words “family” & “guy” in the description. Of course this would not work for shows such as friends where the word would show up in hundreds of show descriptions.

I think that I will be able to set up one series link & one Autorecord so and record first run episodes from one channel in one folder and all repeats from all channels in another folder.

Ideally I would like to have a "series link" set up for each so that it would only record shows titled “family guy”, but this works for now.

Note: "Recent Finds" puts all exact title matches in Caps & Lower Case lettering & "keyword" matches in ALL CAPS.

Thanks,
Kenny

Protected By... spam firewall...And...