Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

PBS National's Days are numbered...T-32 hours and counting..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2002 - 01:48 PM

I was looking up an answer to a question posed on a.d.e newsgroup and found that if you are capable of getting locals via DBS, PBS National will no longer be available to you as of March 1. This applies EVEN if you are in an area that otherwise qualifies for distant networks.

Go to www.pbs.org web site, there is a link on the bottom right of the page for satellite customers www.pbs.org/whatson/dbs/mustcarry.html. There you can enter a zip and get the news as to whether or not you are supposed to get PBS national after March 1.

See ya
Tony

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2002 - 02:05 PM

WOW! Thanks for that info Tony. I guess I'm going to be losing my national feed. Bummer!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2002 - 02:40 PM

Well that kinda suxors a little, appears I'm gonna get mine.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2002 - 02:49 PM

Well it states that they have no specific info for my community right now. Does that mean I'll keep them?

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2002 - 12:29 PM

I ran up to see if I still had it but it's still Feb. I thought it was the 1st of March.

spam firewall