Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20- Picture Quality on Local Hidefs...Bears vs Panthers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rollingstone

rollingstone

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hi All,

I live in the SF bay area where we have had audio sync problems on local HD FOX, but today the picture quality is very bad...over compressed...on HD FOX. Does anyone else notice this?

Oddly I'm getting the FOX channel OTH in randomly (I live in Santa Cruz mtns) and the signal looks good when I get it. The signal on the CBS/ABC local HD is good.

Phoned directv and then said they would log my complaint.

-Glen

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cesart

cesart

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

Hi All,

I live in the SF bay area where we have had audio sync problems on local HD FOX, but today the picture quality is very bad...over compressed...on HD FOX. Does anyone else notice this?

Oddly I'm getting the FOX channel OTH in randomly (I live in Santa Cruz mtns) and the signal looks good when I get it. The signal on the CBS/ABC local HD is good.

Phoned directv and then said they would log my complaint.

-Glen

I had the same problems the past two days during their playoff broadcast. I am glad to know it was just not me. It seems weird since I am not having any problems watching other Hi Def shows on Fox. It looks like it may be a problem unique to the Bay area since I saw highlights on ESPN HD and the picture looked perfect.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

For what it's worth....

The game didn't look that good from sitting in the stands either... :(
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   rabit ears

rabit ears

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

Sorry about the Bears Dood - but they would have lost to whomever they ended up playing from the AFC anyway. Now you have two extra free weekends.

Regarding picture quality, I was going to ask if anyone noticed how bad the OTA signal was from KTVU. Like most in the Bay Area I didn't get DNSwaivers for FOX and was compelled to watch the local broadcast. I even played with the 480i/1080i option to clean things up. Didn't have any dropouts, but a very fuzzy picture.

#5 OFFLINE   f300v10

f300v10

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

PQ here in Atlanta via. D* MPEG4 was very good, identical to OTA.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...