Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free Portable DVD Player?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   netPOSER

netPOSER

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

Does anyone have a link to the "current offer" for the free DVD player?

DirecTV said I should get an email with the link but I have yet to get any emails.

The DirecTV CSR has no idea how to send me or point me to the 'rebate' form.

All I can find is:
http://www.directv.c...edemption2.html

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:57 AM

You will receive a copy of the form with your order confirmation letter within 2 weeks of the order, in the mail.

#3 OFFLINE   ansky

ansky

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:28 AM

Don't get your hopes up. They will send you the cheapest DVD player they can find. Mine did not work right out of the box. I think the brand they sent was Sansui. Enough said.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

Did you expect teh free player to be a $1000 Pioneer?

If you're getting service just because you get a free dvd player, you might consider re-thinking that flawed strategy....

#5 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:19 PM

If you're getting service just because you get a free dvd player, you might consider re-thinking that flawed strategy....

netPOSER, this comment is not an insult to you, just a general comment about the DVD player promo.

I've always been curious about that gimmick.
A free DVR makes sense, because it generates revenue.
A free DVD player gives the customer something other than D* to watch, not in the companies' best interest.

Subscribing to D* to get the free DVD player is like buying your TV at RC Willey because they give out free hot dogs. It's a bonus, but hopefully it doesn't figure into your buying decision.

#6 OFFLINE   ansky

ansky

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

No, but something that works for even 1 day would be an improvement over what they sent me. To add insult to injury, I had to leave work early that day to meet the UPS guy because they would not leave the package without a signature, even after I called them to authorize the dropoff.

#7 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

Any electronics could be DOA, free or $1000 for that matter...you just arrange for the return and get another. If you have deliveries made at to your work address, its never an issue about being home...there are always ways to work around life's little problems if you bother to take the time...

#8 OFFLINE   netPOSER

netPOSER

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

netPOSER, this comment is not an insult to you, just a general comment about the DVD player promo.

I've always been curious about that gimmick.
A free DVR makes sense, because it generates revenue.
A free DVD player gives the customer something other than D* to watch, not in the companies' best interest.

Subscribing to D* to get the free DVD player is like buying your TV at RC Willey because they give out free hot dogs. It's a bonus, but hopefully it doesn't figure into your buying decision.

What does that have to do with me? That's someone else's post. I was just trying to get the DVD rebate offer--that's it.

Fuel TV is what made me drop Dish for DirecTV. I had DirecTV back in 1998-2000 then moved and at the time DTV wanted hundreds to re-activate my account so I went with Dish. The last 6 months I could not get an answer from Dish about Fuel TV so I left them. The DVD player is a bonus.

#9 OFFLINE   netPOSER

netPOSER

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:13 PM

Don't get your hopes up. They will send you the cheapest DVD player they can find. Mine did not work right out of the box. I think the brand they sent was Sansui. Enough said.

Can you send me the link they sent you so I can get this rebate submitted before the expiration date?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...