Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 and hi def locals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   theslag

theslag

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

With this new reciver..do you need the 5 lnb dish to get the hi def locals?? also, do you need to sub to the HD DEF package to get the locals in hi def??

Thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DTC mac

DTC mac

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

Yes, you need the AT-9 dish to receive the HD LiL channels.

#3 OFFLINE   theslag

theslag

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:16 PM

Yes, you need the AT-9 dish to receive the HD LiL channels.

Do you currently have this set up??

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:25 PM

If you are in one of the cities that has their HD LiL channels up, yes you need the AT9, lots of people have this setup so ask your questions and I'm sure you'll get responses...

#5 OFFLINE   DTC mac

DTC mac

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

My AT-9 will be going up as soon as the weather stays dry for more than 3-4 days. The AT-9 is required as HD LiLs are/will be on the new Ka band satellites at 99 and 103 which the Phase III dish does not receive.

#6 OFFLINE   theslag

theslag

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

I have a hi def 52 rear project tv that i had for 3 years but never had hi def on it. I want to go hi def but i do not want the hi def package, i feel that there isnt enough on it for the 11 bucks a month. All the good shows for me are on the locals and HBO esp for Tony and the boys, coming back this March!

How is the difference in the locals going HD, I am assuming the only HD you will get is when the show is in HD??

Direct said that they would give me the equipment (sans rebate), install and 5 buck a month credit to cover the second receiver that I will have on one tv, the other receiver is a TIVO. I have to go with a two year agreement, thats cool, but i have to check if they want me to get the HD package. If so, I guess I will be keep the SD signal to my tv...

what do you all think, am i making a mistake????

#7 OFFLINE   mssturgeon

mssturgeon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

Are you close to your broadcast towers?

If all you're after is local HD, why not pick it up free with an antenna? the quality will always be better over-the-air than anything transmitted via satellite.

- Shane
Publisher, HDTV Magazine
Your Guide to High Definition Television

Protected By... spam firewall...And...