Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 & A9 install in LA area.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rick31621

rick31621

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

Has anyone in the LA area had the HD install done?
How did the install go and how is the Directv PQ both SD & HD with the H20.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Wally_Gator

Wally_Gator

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

Has anyone in the LA area had the HD install done?
How did the install go and how is the Directv PQ both SD & HD with the H20.

Thanks

I have been trying sine Jan 2...
3 failed installs and many calls to D* not yet..
Ironwood communications has been horrible..
We are trying agin for this Saturday...
Bonus is that I now have over $120 in credit due to all of the problems..

#3 OFFLINE   rick31621

rick31621

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

Wally,
Are you getting the 5lnb and where/how are you having it mounted.

#4 OFFLINE   Wally_Gator

Wally_Gator

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

Wally,
Are you getting the 5lnb and where/how are you having it mounted.

I currently have the H20 receiver and am waiting on the 5lnb...
If I ever get them out and with the proper equipment.. I.E. Ladder and Satellite finder...
It is being mounted on a 8x8x1.5 wood platform that is lagged into the studs on a stucco wall.
I talked the installers out of the J-Mount and it is up on the wall ready for the dish.

#5 OFFLINE   rick31621

rick31621

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

I currently have the H20 receiver and am waiting on the 5lnb...
If I ever get them out and with the proper equipment.. I.E. Ladder and Satellite finder...
It is being mounted on a 8x8x1.5 wood platform that is lagged into the studs on a stucco wall.
I talked the installers out of the J-Mount and it is up on the wall ready for the dish.

I would like to see a picture of it!
My house is stucco and the current 3LNB is attached to the wood eave but the foot base on the 5lnb is much larger and won't fit there! If trying to come up with an idea BEFORE the installer get here.

#6 OFFLINE   rick31621

rick31621

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:18 PM

Anyone out there with a A9 5LNB dish.
Can you give me the dimensions of the mounting foot.
I have to fabricate a wooden wall base to mount the foot to like in the ch 592 video in order to mount the dish on the side of my stucco house.

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   Wally_Gator

Wally_Gator

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

Anyone out there with a A9 5LNB dish.
Can you give me the dimensions of the mounting foot.
I have to fabricate a wooden wall base to mount the foot to like in the ch 592 video in order to mount the dish on the side of my stucco house.

Thanks

The mounting foot for the AT9 Dish is roughly 7.5"x 7.5"
I will try to take a pic..

#8 OFFLINE   rick31621

rick31621

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

The mounting foot for the AT9 Dish is roughly 7.5"x 7.5"
I will try to take a pic..

Is it square shaped?
The foot for the older models is 5 1/4 x 6 3/4".

#9 OFFLINE   Wally_Gator

Wally_Gator

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

Is it square shaped?
The foot for the older models is 5 1/4 x 6 3/4".

More of an hourglass shape. But the outside dimesnsions for both width and height
are almost exactly 7.5 X 7.5

#10 OFFLINE   aandjw

aandjw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

Today Ironwood was supposed to come out and install 2 of the new A9s at my house - one on each side to keep from having to run 250' of cable to get to the other side of the house. By some accident (ha!) the orders were not cross-referenced in the Ironwood system, (blame to both D* and Ironwood) and they also listed 3lnb upgrades, not 5lnb upgrades.

So - the 1st installer who arrived didn't have the proper equipment in the truck. With his supervisor on the nextel we found the other work order and installer. We sent #1 on his way since he didn't have the stuff and also had only done one A9 install and was a bit afraid of another one. Then the supervisor forgot to call back the 2nd tech and let him know not to come without all the right stuff. 2nd tech arrived 2 hours late (after I gave up and went to work), woke my sick wife out of bed only to be told by me (on the phone from work) that he had the wrong equipment and should have been contacted by his supervisor to cancel the call.

Tomorrow the "senior" installer will come out 1st thing to install both A9s.....maybe. So far $120 in credits from D*.....

#11 OFFLINE   Wally_Gator

Wally_Gator

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:30 AM

Today Ironwood was supposed to come out and install 2 of the new A9s at my house - one on each side to keep from having to run 250' of cable to get to the other side of the house. By some accident (ha!) the orders were not cross-referenced in the Ironwood system, (blame to both D* and Ironwood) and they also listed 3lnb upgrades, not 5lnb upgrades.

So - the 1st installer who arrived didn't have the proper equipment in the truck. With his supervisor on the nextel we found the other work order and installer. We sent #1 on his way since he didn't have the stuff and also had only done one A9 install and was a bit afraid of another one. Then the supervisor forgot to call back the 2nd tech and let him know not to come without all the right stuff. 2nd tech arrived 2 hours late (after I gave up and went to work), woke my sick wife out of bed only to be told by me (on the phone from work) that he had the wrong equipment and should have been contacted by his supervisor to cancel the call.

Tomorrow the "senior" installer will come out 1st thing to install both A9s.....maybe. So far $120 in credits from D*.....

About par for the coure with Ironwood and Direct TV... I bet I can get more credits than you... Lol.. They are supposed to be here today as well. We will see...
I called and confirmend that both the order and Ironwoods work order match.
They did not previously... We will see...

#12 OFFLINE   aandjw

aandjw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

3 techs showed up today at 9:30am - 2 "senior" techs and their supervisor (talked with him on the phone yesterday). All went really smooth - took about 2 1/2 hours to get both installs done cleanly (one stucco, one brick wall) and both existing receivers (H20 and HR10-250) are working perfectly. I have to give credit to Ironwood - once they figured out what needed to be done - it was done. Sorry some of the rest of you are not having as good of luck as I did!

#13 OFFLINE   Wally_Gator

Wally_Gator

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

Finally a Tech came with the right stuff. Installed and working fine...
Only 4 attempts. By Ironwood.

#14 OFFLINE   rick31621

rick31621

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Finally a Tech came with the right stuff. Installed and working fine...
Only 4 attempts. By Ironwood.

Wally,
How about a picture!

#15 OFFLINE   climo

climo

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

Wally,
How about a picture!

BUMP!

Is the 5lnb dish really worth it over the 3lnb dish here in LA? I'm ready to upgrade to hdtv via the H20 but was only going to use the 3lnb dish. Should I opt for the larger dish instead? I guess installation is needed for the At9.

#16 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

can't get mpeg4 with 3lnb dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...