Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

With the Launch of HD Locals ... has the O&O distant HD option been taken away??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grooves12

grooves12

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

I live in San Jose, CA... and previously the O&O distant HD locals were available in this market. I recently upgraded to a HD DVR, and I can not get the HD distant locals, and after speaking with several reps and each one giving me a different answer... (after me having to explain THEIR options) I still have no HD Networks. I was given the option of them filing for waivers... but wasn't that the whole point of the O&O deals... that waivers weren't needed??

This is all so frustrating... it would be SOOOO much easier if they had an HD DVR capable of receiving the HD locals... but they don't so, there is really no good option. The HD distant locals would be a good stop-gap and keep me happy for a while, but it doesn't sound like that is possible anymore.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

No, not yet....

But it eill eventually go away... but certainly won't be until the have the HR20 out.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   grooves12

grooves12

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

So, who is it I should be talking to, to get the distant HD locals activated?? Is there a special division that actually knows what I will be talking about... I spoke to 3 different CSR's and they were all clueless. They didn't even know HD locals were AVAILABLE let alone the rules regarding getting them activated. After several times of being put on hold and then transfer to the "Please try your call again" recording, I gave up out of frustration.

#4 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:41 PM

My HR10-250 picks up my local OTA HD channels beautifully!

This is all so frustrating... it would be SOOOO much easier if they had an HD DVR capable of receiving the HD locals... but they don't so, there is really no good option.

DirecTV HR21
DirecTV HR10-250 (30hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (140hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (107hr)

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

So, who is it I should be talking to, to get the distant HD locals activated?? Is there a special division that actually knows what I will be talking about... I spoke to 3 different CSR's and they were all clueless. They didn't even know HD locals were AVAILABLE let alone the rules regarding getting them activated. After several times of being put on hold and then transfer to the "Please try your call again" recording, I gave up out of frustration.

You want to talk to some about HD DSN Waivers

Check www.tivocommunity.com (HD Forum)..
A few searches will result in some directv phone numbers
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall