Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I Have to Vent.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SBacklin

SBacklin

Legend

• Registered
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:40 PM

D* is really p*$$ing me off. In the beginning of October, I bought two DirecTivos. D* was also offering that $100 rebate on a DVR too. Not only did D* not give me all the necessary paperwork in the beginning to send in for the DVR but, now, they are trying to screw me out of the rebate or at the very least wait another month and a half to two months again. Here's why: I just got a letter from the D* rebate Center saying that I didn't qualify for the rebate and if that I felt it was an error (which it was) to resubmit the information. That's when I called into D* and flipped out. I said to them (multiple CSRs) that I did qualify for the rebate. I sent in all the necessary paperwork within the correct time frame/window. This was confirmed by D*. Then they openly admit that they had errors with the rebate system or whatever they use. Then they still insist I submit paperwork I no longer have since I already sent it all in. I refused because I should have to wait a total of 3 or more months for my rebate, especially since D* admitted that the mistake was theirs. I had to ask for a supervisor more than once because one of the times I called in and immediately asked for a supervisor and the woman hung up on me. :mad: So I finally called back and the supervisors were supposedly busy and one is supposed to call me back. They said within 30 to 40 minutes. Let's see if that actually happens since it's approaching the 40 minute mark in a couple minutes. Man......what a day. Dealing with D* is not fun. Trying to get rebates is NEVER fun. It seems like whenever I try to get a rebate, the company tries to screw me out of it and I always have to fight tooth and nail for it. AT&T Wireless has done it (when they were AT&T Wireless) and Cingular has done it and now D* is doing it. :mad: :(

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

I do know the rebates were limited to one rebate per household. Were you trying to get the $100 rebate for two DVRs?

#3 OFFLINE   SBacklin

SBacklin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

I do know the rebates were limited to one rebate per household. Were you trying to get the $100 rebate for two DVRs?

No, I also realized it was one per household. I actually just got off the phone with a supervisor. The one never did call me back (how did I know....) so I called in again. At first, it looked like it wasn't going to get anywhere and have it take months to get my money. However, she did some checking and come to find out it was because, the rebates were geared towards the R10/R15 models specifically.....don't ask why. When I first got my 2 DVRs they were D* branded R10s. The thing is, they both died and D* had to send me replacements. One was a Samsung branded TiVo and the other one was a Philips branded Tivo. So I guess the rebate dept. rejected my rebate because of that. So she went ahead and told me she couldn't send me a $100 check but she went ahead and credited my account $100 which was ok with me. At least it's over. I swear though, D* needs to get their collective heads out of their collective asses.

#4 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:58 AM

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Way to keep at it because that's kind of a different scenario that I'm sure they had to be walked through to catch what was going on. Their rebate stuff has been really messed up lately. I had to call as well on my rebate for the HR10-250 from August 2005. They also were able to pin it down and give me a credit.

Shouldn't have to be this hard, though. Just keep decent records, I guess.

#5 OFFLINE   SBacklin

SBacklin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Way to keep at it because that's kind of a different scenario that I'm sure they had to be walked through to catch what was going on. Their rebate stuff has been really messed up lately. I had to call as well on my rebate for the HR10-250 from August 2005. They also were able to pin it down and give me a credit.

Shouldn't have to be this hard, though. Just keep decent records, I guess.

I think the whole rebate business plan sucks. Everyone knows the company doesn't want you as the customer to get the money so they make it hard as possible. They count on most people just giving up but, it's us few people that will keep up on it that have to work triple time just to get our money and that's wrong. Like I mentioned, what was AT&T Wireless did this to me, Cingular did this to me and now D*. It's all a bunch of BS.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...