Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

921 Remote Dies when Batteries are Changed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:57 PM

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Last week a warning note came on the screen saying "remote batteries low" so, I changed them. Much to my chagrin my remote stoped working with the receiver. It would not respond to any commands. I contacted Dish and talked with one of their techs, going through various ideas, hard reboot, trying to change remote address, etc. The remote simply would not work. I've encounter several of the problems describes in this forum, stuck aspect ration, missing guide info, OTA channels disappearing, etc., but had never seen this before.

Can't wait until April to get rid of the 921.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

Did you check the batteries? Maybe one is installed wrong? Do the red lights blink on the remote when you push a button?
Allen

#3 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

Did you check the batteries? Maybe one is installed wrong? Do the red lights blink on the remote when you push a button?

That was the first thing I checked. In fact installed two brand new sets of Duracells. I might mention that all the lights functioned on the remote when I was asked to try and reset. Also, the remote continued to turn the TV on and off as well as adjust volume.

#4 OFFLINE   Redster

Redster

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

My remote does this occasionally, just goes unresponsive except for power and volume. I pull the batteries and count to 20 then put the same ones back in and it works.

#5 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

I've seen the "battery warning" before. I just ignore it, it eventually goes away for good. I have the same batteries in my remote that came with my original 921 -1 year ago!
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#6 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

remove the batteries, press the sat button for a few seconds then put the batteries back in and see if it works.

#7 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:06 AM

remove the batteries, press the sat button for a few seconds then put the batteries back in and see if it works.

I tried your suggestion, and no go. So it's off to the remote graveyard. The good news is I got the new remote yesterday and it works fine.

Can't wait for the next 921 adventure to begin. :nono2:

#8 OFFLINE   motrac

motrac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:14 AM

make sure the remote address didn't change.

#9 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

My good fortune with the 921 continues. As described earlier, my previous remote malfunctioned when I changed the batteries. Got the new one from E* and it worked fine for 3 weeks until yesterday when it stopped working with the 921. :nono2:

I called E* and went through all the proscribed steps to get the remote operating, but again to no avail. The CSR told me he would send another remote to me, but suspected that the 921 was at fault, what a surprise.:lol:

Anyway if this remote does not work with the 921, they'll send me another 921, my fourth in a year. I asked if he would also send me a gun so I could shoot the 921 and put it out of its misery. He laughed and said I know what you mean.:hurah:

#10 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

Got the 3rd remote yesterday. So far, it works fine. We'll see if it can last another 6 weeks until April when the 921 gets shipped hopefully to a galaxy far far away:D

On the positive side, I'd like to commend E* for handling quickly. I called the problem in late Tuesday afternoon and the remote was waiting for me when I got home from work on Thursday. :)

spam firewall