Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone else have this issue with D*???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   kaysersoze

kaysersoze

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

Update: Received new HR10-250 (not refurb like I thought) and have changed out with previous receiver. Results exactly the same.

I am now convinced that bad PQ is a result of D* equipment. I am now going to purchase and reinstall a Sony SatHD300 receiver and have both on same TV so I can compare apples to apples, then if as I expect the sony is better PQ then I am going to try and send the 250 back and get out of contract. we'll see.

Go through the setup on the hr10-250 and check off all the different resolutions, then the rvr will give you the option of outputting in native format. This should help, because if you have 1080i as your output the SD channels will be converted and you end up with a picture that is crap-ville.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

Go through the setup on the hr10-250 and check off all the different resolutions, then the rvr will give you the option of outputting in native format. This should help, because if you have 1080i as your output the SD channels will be converted and you end up with a picture that is crap-ville.

not for all tvs :)

#23 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:23 AM

That's very interesting. my HDtivo standard def pic looks waaay better on 1080 vs 480. To the point of i can tell if i forget when i leave for work that i kicked to 480 to burn dvds. Maybe it's because I have 57 in hitachi crt rptv that handles SD better?

I agree that the 1080 output looks better than 480. The difference I was pointing out was the difference between 480p and 480i for SD channels. I can only assume that my TV doesn't do a great job of handling a 480p signal from a 480i source. Why? I have no clue. Perhaps someone could educate me on this. This surprised me since DVD picture is quite good. When I had an HD-200 receiver, I used component video cables so I had to upconvert 480i signals to 480p (component didn't carry 480i signal) and my TV never displayed them very well. When I got the HR10-250, I originally set it up to output 480i, 480p, and 1080i. When I would switch between 480i and 480p, the i looked FAR better.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...