Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New 5 lnb with H20 IRD Question.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   byob11

byob11

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

I just had the new 5 lnb AT9 dish installed along with a H20. I noticed that the professional installer did NOT install the B-Band converter. Does it need to be there?

Second question, I ran the ant/sat setup wizard on the H20 again last night. It is telling me that it is only seeing 4 out of the 5 sats. It is seeing the 101, 110, 119, and 103. But not the 99. All of the channels that I am supposed to get are being received (including the local HD).

I repeated this process with the B-Band converter in and out of the system. Same outcome both ways. Is the 99 active? It doesn't appear that any of its transponders are used?

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:21 PM

99 is not yet in service. The BBC will be required when it is. You might as well install it before you lose it. It won't affect anything at present.

#3 OFFLINE   byob11

byob11

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:30 PM

99 is not yet in service. The BBC will be required when it is. You might as well install it before you lose it. It won't affect anything at present.

That's what I kind of expected.

There was something else that was new to me: In the H20 ant/sat setup wizard, the 103 and 99 appeared twice. I can't exactly remember, but it was something like: 103 (transceiver 11) and 103 (transceiver 12) then 99 (transceiver 13) and 99 (transceiver 14). (Again, I know it wasn't exactly as I stated above, but my memory is shot and I don't have the H20 in front of me right now :lol: )

Anyways, of the four listed, I only received 1 (the first 103). What are the other three and should I be receiving with them?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

That's transponder. 99 isn't transmitting and 103 is all spot beams. It's normal for only the transponder(s) serving your area to have a signal. Those serving other areas are focused away from you and can read zero unless they are near your area and would display a low number.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...