Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any reviews/beta testers for 622?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:26 PM

First off .. Gene, I think you might be reading a bit more into what I said. This is a place to discuss issues.

I sent this to a few users that are a bit confused. Figure I might as well post it here.

The reason why negative bashing is not allowed in the support forms if very simple. We want to create a postive environment to discuss issues where Dish engineers can go without having rocks tossed at them.

I am a Software Engineer and I know if I came into forums and had to wade through comments like "Your UI sucks" Where does dish get their engineers.. High School? Dish software is poorly architected etc. I would not come back or would drop wondering over here to a very low priority.

That is why positive comments are allowed. We did not say that negative comments are not allowed but that is where judgement calls are made. If someone is having a problem and echos frustration in a neutral way, that posts will stay. If someone says it while throwing a rock or two, the post will be removed, moved, or edited.

Does that make things more clear? Yes the support areas are to discuss issues and since they are problems they can at times become negative. What you have to do as person feeding information in is try and keep emotions out of the post. Nothing wrong with echoing some frustration but comments about how their software sucks is crossing the line. The general forums is where comments of that nature goes.

The rule of thumb I tell people: If you read it from the perspective of the other side of the fence and if you feel the slight bit offended, you might want to tone it down. Since we all have a different sensibility filter, sometimes this rule of thumb does not work.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,554 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

Seems reasonably simple to me...

Don't say: "Your xxx sucks" or "Company YYY is full of ZZZ"

Do say: "I am having the following with my xxx" or "Company YYY could do a better job in communicating with its customers"

:)

If someone comes up to your desk at work and tell you that you are full of crap... how quick do you try and address their problem? Vs the person who politely asks for your time to discuss a problem that you might be able to fix.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...