Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What are the HDMI issues for the HR10-250?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hansen

Hansen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:56 AM

I'm having some odd issues with the HDMI output on my new HR10-250 and I've "heard" that this unit has some issues with the HR10-250. Can someone list what they are and the known fixes for them?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:33 AM

Units made before 12/04 had hardware problems. HDMI didn't work at all on many of them. Fixed sometime in 11/04. If your HR10-250 has no date on the back, it was built in 1/05 or later. There was a false overheat warning involving certain TVs. "f" version software fixed that. Some TVs do not negotiate HDMI signals when turned off. JVC replaced their HDMI card but others still have the problem. The TV has to be turned on and the HR10-250 rebooted to resume negotiation. Conjecture is both the receiver and the TV share the blame but the HR10-250 with the updated hardware and software works fine the the great majority of TVs.

#3 OFFLINE   Hansen

Hansen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:11 AM

Units made before 12/04 had hardware problems. HDMI didn't work at all on many of them. Fixed sometime in 11/04. If your HR10-250 has no date on the back, it was built in 1/05 or later. There was a false overheat warning involving certain TVs. "f" version software fixed that. Some TVs do not negotiate HDMI signals when turned off. JVC replaced their HDMI card but others still have the problem. The TV has to be turned on and the HR10-250 rebooted to resume negotiation. Conjecture is both the receiver and the TV share the blame but the HR10-250 with the updated hardware and software works fine the the great majority of TVs.

Very interesting. I have my HR10-250 hooked up to a Panny plasma TH-42PX500U via the HDMI. When I used th 10 foot cable supplied with the DVR, no problems. But then I needed a longer cable and tried a 25 foot cable and could not get a picture. I went with a 16 foot HDMI cable and it works fine but I noticed after TV is off overnight and then turned on (and should be showing a picture), the screen is blank for like 4 - 5 seconds and then the picture kicks.

spam firewall