Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

audio lag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hurricane

hurricane

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

great site im a newbie just got hd with new samsung tv i get audio lag when watching hd channels. not all the time but enough to be annoying. have it hooked up to hdmi monster cable and digital optical cable to reciever. just getting to understand a little on the workings of my set up. wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue. could it be the reciever. its @ least 10 years old. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Pigskintoads

Pigskintoads

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:38 PM

me too! I think it has something to do with the optical cable.

#3 OFFLINE   hurricane

hurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

yeah im sort of thinking that way to. i had dtv come by and replace reciever but same issue. checked signal on all 3 sats 97. i have game console and dvd player . everything works fine with audio. just dont know which dirrection to head to next.

#4 OFFLINE   jrcohenm3

jrcohenm3

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

yeah im sort of thinking that way to. i had dtv come by and replace reciever but same issue. checked signal on all 3 sats 97. i have game console and dvd player . everything works fine with audio. just dont know which dirrection to head to next.

I have the same audio delay on my sony 5.1 receiver using the optical out. Never had this problem before with my old HD receiver (sony HD 200). D* says that it is my receiver, I think that is bull. Are we the only three people having this problem? There have to be more people using the Optical Out that have noticed a small delay?

#5 OFFLINE   hurricane

hurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

i was thinking the multiswitch was the issue. there is nothing left to replace except the switch and the dish. its gotten better with the audio. people at best buy said it was the my yamaha reciever. ill wait till its really bad with audio before i replace it. its 10 years old so they say that might be the issue.

#6 OFFLINE   Toshiro_Mifune

Toshiro_Mifune

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

I had audio lag when my H20 was connected via the analog #2 outputs, but no lag when connected to analong #1.

The HR10-250 in the living room has no lag on analog or digital.

#7 OFFLINE   stackman

stackman

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

I have a Harmon Kardon receiver with optical cable connecting to HR10-250 with same problem. With all the different receivers here doesn't sound like a receiver issue to me.

#8 OFFLINE   jcricket

jcricket

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

I have this to on my HR10-250, and I'm connected via the regular RCA cables, directly to the TV. It's not a receiver thing or a cable thing. From what I've read at the TC forums the issue has something to do with the way HD signals sync audio and video (something deep in the technical bowels of the way the two different pieces of the signal are connected).

I agree that it's very distracting to try and watch anything on the D* HD package because of the sound being 1/2 second+ out of sync with the picture. It would be nice if they could fix this before they start just adding channels and making it an issue for everything I watch :)

#9 OFFLINE   FarNorth

FarNorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:37 AM

I feel better - I thought it was just me! I'm using an HR10-250 with optical audio fed to a Yamaha receiver.

#10 OFFLINE   dandean

dandean

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:37 PM

Add me to list of folks who are totally distracted by the audio lag coming from the H20.

I've got the H20 connected directly to my Pioneer 50" plasma via RCA cables. The lag is noticeable and VERY annoying. This only happens in HD too, so it's doubly perplexing.

Like poster jrcohenm3 noted, I too replaced a Sony HD 200 with this H20, and I'm wondering if I've simply created a whole new host of issues to (hopefully) resolve?

Wonder if the DirecTV folks know about this issue?

#11 OFFLINE   fuzzy077

fuzzy077

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:56 AM

Same issue here. Onkyo 5.1 receiver and Sony 42" LCD. Annoying as hell.

#12 OFFLINE   Grant1120

Grant1120

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

I am a newbie and completely baffled by more than I care to admit.:grin:

I am getting audio lag from an OTA source, .. not sure what that means.

#13 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

Ever since the 0F06 upgrade it seems like it's gotten a LOT better to me. I use the HDMI for D* signal.

#14 OFFLINE   psyclguy

psyclguy

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:11 PM

I have the H10 receiver with optical hookup to my Sony A/V receiver. The audio lag problem started for me about 2 weeks ago. This has to have something to so with D* screwing around with their satellites.

#15 OFFLINE   Poochie

Poochie

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

I have the HR10-250 and a Denon receiver. I used to notice an audio sync problem just on one HD network in particular, when I recorded operas - HD Net, I think. But throughout the Olympics I perceived a slight audio sync problem on the HD feeds as well.

#16 OFFLINE   LeoGetz

LeoGetz

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

Lag here too...calling to complain now....
www.alliedgovernment.org

#17 OFFLINE   aaronwt

aaronwt

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:30 PM

Are people actually having audio lag? I've had video lag but not audio lag. I have to use my receiver to delay the audio to match up to the video which is lagging behind the audio.
56TB MSS WHS--32TB unRAID
LED DLP

#18 OFFLINE   LeoGetz

LeoGetz

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:12 AM

Are people actually having audio lag? I've had video lag but not audio lag. I have to use my receiver to delay the audio to match up to the video which is lagging behind the audio.

Well when the mouth moves before you hear the sound I believe that would be audio lag...
www.alliedgovernment.org

#19 OFFLINE   FarNorth

FarNorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

My lag seems to have gone away. Maybe Direct heard the complaints.

spam firewall