Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse
What was your biggest waste of money, Programming wise?
1 reply to this topic
Posted 23 February 2002 - 08:05 PM
Hope this dosen't become flame bait...
But what was the biggest waste of money you spent on D* or E* programming?
When I first got E* 3.5 years ago, I went crazy with ordering programming (had lame cable for so long, felt like a starving man in a supermarket)
Biggest waste was
1) Bloomberg (before AT150, was an a-la-carte channel), not bad in itself. But with the choices of all the other News channels in the 200-210 range, not a channel I felt was worth paying extra for.
2) Multi-RSN package. Figured having all those RSNs would be great, but way tooo much blackouts and way to much repition between channels
3) Cinemax, 3 channels, not worth $10, especially when realized the movies weren't being watched anyway.
Posted 23 February 2002 - 08:08 PM
This is what I said on DBSForums,
Biggest programming waste?...hmmmmm... I'd have to say 10 years of Time Warner Cable service. Other then that, no waste on E*. We've been pretty consistant in programming. Started out with AT100, added supers 8 months later, then upgraded to AT150 when it first came out.