Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Im so pissed at my DVR!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vettegofast

vettegofast

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

I had Smallville set to record the series and for some reason it didnt record!! It was the fricking 100th episode tonight. When I checked it wasnt set anymore. Now it wont set as a series link when I go to next weeks. Whats the deal?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

vettegofast, unfortunately this is a "huge issue" and fault within the R15. Was the episode in your To-do-list? Also, delete the SL in the prioritizer and re-do it.

#3 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

If it still fails to set it back up do a reset using the little red button under the door for the access card. This seems to fix some issues like you had for people.

#4 OFFLINE   vettegofast

vettegofast

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:35 AM

It wasnt in my to do list for next week. I am gonna check the settings again this weekend. ANyone know where I could get this episode on the internet or when its gonna air again? Its called Reckoning.

#5 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

I would hope that you called DirecTV about this rather than just venting on a forum.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard cInternet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device

#6 OFFLINE   vettegofast

vettegofast

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

!devil12:

#7 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

I was annoyed last night. I was cleaning up a bunch of recordings since I was gone all week on business. I was hitting -- forgetting that I only need to hit - and deleted both SG-1 and Atlantis. I was SOOOO mad. I wish it had an undelete.

#8 OFFLINE   cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:36 AM

I was annoyed last night. I was cleaning up a bunch of recordings since I was gone all week on business. I was hitting -- forgetting that I only need to hit - and deleted both SG-1 and Atlantis. I was SOOOO mad. I wish it had an undelete.

When did that change? My roomate told me that - was now deleting stuff. I thought it was --?

#9 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:34 AM

When did that change? My roomate told me that - was now deleting stuff. I thought it was --?

I thought it was also which is why I deleted stuff I didnt need to. YOu know come to think of it this has been happening for a while but it's always deleted stuff I was deleting anyway so I never really noticed it. I remember thinking hmmm didn't realize I had that highlighted when it disappeared.

#10 OFFLINE   Stuggernaut

Stuggernaut

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

So far *fingers crossed* I have had no problems at all recording with my new R15. Records everything I tell it to...on time, no problems.

Well...I suppose my MyVOD list not showing sometimes could be called a problem, but the recordings are still there.

Oh...

That Smallville Episode was awesome.

spam firewall